Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My Computrainer connects via USB.

+1
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [robbrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I was having one of those unicorn days in a CVR race once. One of those rare days when you feel superhuman and everything's clicking on all cylinders. I was bridging over to a small break including some heavy hitters, like "Real Deal" Veal. Fucking 10-second dropout right as I entered the draft. Game over. So angry.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you Trail. That is so frustrating,
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Your wifi signal is swamping your ANT+ or Bluetooth connection. i used to have the same problem but i fixed it by adding a 2 m long USB extension cable so that the dongle now sits on the floor about 20cm from the trainer and also by taking out my high power super-duper wifi access point and replacing it with a crap one, on low power, further away on the other side of the room.

Result = never a single problem ever again.

All you guys with n=1 that got it working, congrats. The fact remains that there are a lot of folks who have taken all these steps and still have the problem.

I've done the long cable, I've tested it with no fan. I've removed every possible wireless device from the vicinity and shut it down. I've bought the ANT+ stick that Zwift support recommended. I checked my computer and saw the USB port output was 100mA so I even added a *powered USB 2.0 hub* (hard to find) - because 3.0 can cause interference.

All I know is there are still regular dropouts during any workout, and they ONLY happen on Zwift. No problems on PerfPro Studio whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totes Spudone
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [robbrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was recently having some drop outs, where the Bluetooth was not picking up the wahoo kicker but it was picking up staged power and heart rate.
Come to find out. My mouse was too close (sitting on top) of my Apple. I moved my wireless Bluetooth mouse to the other side of my keyboard and all connection issues went away.
Basically I found through some zwift reading that wireless Bluetooth tooth products (such as a mouse) will interfere. So just move these products that are not in direct relationships to the game mode a couple of feet away and this might solve the problem.
Just trying to help. Best of luck

Jim Hallberg
USAC level II
USAT Level I
http://www.d3multisport.com
WATTS UP!!
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
And remember most people cheat that’s why I don’t do races, just use it to make cycling bearable indoors, remember nobody makes a person use Zwift.

I cancelled after 1 month when I realized everyone in the easiest race 'group' (D?) was magically holding 5+ watts/kg... WTF? Love warming up at 450 watts in the beginner group....

Back to trainer road.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
triathlete37 wrote:
And remember most people cheat that’s why I don’t do races, just use it to make cycling bearable indoors, remember nobody makes a person use Zwift.

I cancelled after 1 month when I realized everyone in the easiest race 'group' (D?) was magically holding 5+ watts/kg... WTF? Love warming up at 450 watts in the beginner group....

Back to trainer road.

So sad people cheat in a video game designed to give us workouts to make us stronger out in the real world. I haven't used Zwift yet but I'm going to go into it with the outlook of quality workouts vs what I rank in a game.

At least I'll try lol
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Your wifi signal is swamping your ANT+ or Bluetooth connection. i used to have the same problem but i fixed it by adding a 2 m long USB extension cable so that the dongle now sits on the floor about 20cm from the trainer and also by taking out my high power super-duper wifi access point and replacing it with a crap one, on low power, further away on the other side of the room.

Result = never a single problem ever again.

I did the same, i have a 6 foot cable with the usb right next to the Kickr, that really helped. I was having a lot of dropouts in both ant+ and BT during racing and occasionally during erg mode (Never in TrainerRoad) but seems to be slightly better with the extension cable. I do think Zwift software has some issues with connectivity as i still have power drops that never occur in other programs.

In response to post about double draft.....that is the best thing Zwift has done in the last year. All races should be double draft as it somewhat feels like actual racing with tactics and not a group TT.
Quote Reply
Re: An Open Letter to Zwift [Speed Concept] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
triathlete37 wrote:

Back to trainer road.

So sad people cheat in a video game designed to give us workouts to make us stronger out in the real world. I haven't used Zwift yet but I'm going to go into it with the outlook of quality workouts vs what I rank in a game.

At least I'll try lol

I'm sure there are some people that cheat, but it is much overstated. I have done many a race (now at C level) and finish in the top 1/3 with ave of 2.8-3.0 w/kg. Ave 190-210 Watts. Hardly super strong. And with ZwiftPower, they will automatically move you up if you are not within the ranking of what you signed up for.

Overall, great racing, but yes, the starts are crazy. I find that if you ave. 350 for about the first 1-2 minutes you can make the front groups and draft. For me, I still then fall back as I can't hold 220 for a long time. So sprint out of the gate and then settle into your pace.
Quote Reply

Prev Next