Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
I know 2 friends who have Canyons and love them. I'm not sure if they had any problems as they haven't said. A 3rd friend had a similar nightmare to the OP. So that's a 33% fail rate.

here's the part of this that confuses me. canyon says, "we aren't selling to you in your country yet. wait until we expand into... [the U.S., Canada, whatever]. you decide to disregard this and buy the canyon in another country and, basically gray market it into your country, and then you have a bad service experience. and this is a "fail" on the part of the manufacturer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is UK, not US.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [big ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The legit knock against Canyon is if you have problems requiring a frame exchange then it can be months before they have what you need in stock.

Buying something on the gray market because Canyon doesn't sell it in your country then complaining about the lack of support? I am not very sympathetic.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quest composites make a lot of treks and Canyons http://www.questcomposite.com
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [Joelbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon and Treks are made side by side http://www.questcomposite.com
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
The legit knock against Canyon is if you have problems requiring a frame exchange then it can be months before they have what you need in stock.

Buying something on the gray market because Canyon doesn't sell it in your country then complaining about the lack of support? I am not very sympathetic.

Is it considered 'grey market' if he still bought directly from Canyon? I suppose you could say he used a 'grey shipper'.....
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [big ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought my speedmax from Brazil in Sept 2017, had it shipped for a friend's house in Portugal from Germany (tracking was fine) and he brought it to me.

Everything was great and canyon reps did everything they could to help me with the VAT reimbursement.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Is it considered 'grey market' if he still bought directly from Canyon? I suppose you could say he used a 'grey shipper'.....

To clarify I bought the bike directly from Canyon and consulted with them before the purchase. There is no grey market in this transaction.

The issue was that the bike was not assembled properly, a remedy was proposed and agreeded up but now I am having difficulty getting payment.

Canyone sells to much further reaching placed than Canada such as New Zealand and the UAE. If someone receives a defective bike it will be the exact same situation in trying to get it resolved.

On a side note I have been contacted by a Canyon employee and am confident a resolution can be reached, it is very much appreciated.

The bike itself is stunning make no mistake! I think the issue I am facing would be easy to fix in the future: simply have the technician who assembled it provide a signed quality certificate. That way you know the bike worked before it shipped. The only possible issue could be shipping damage at that point. Their Bikeguard box is really well built however.

I appreciate everyone's help so far, Merry Christmas!
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a Canyon, beware! [Joelbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Trek definitely came with a 'made in Taiwan' sticker on it.

Not sure they are the 'best bikes in the world' - depends on what sort of bike maybe.

But nonetheless I'd certainly say that i do like mine a lot (a road bike) and see no reason to get anything else.
Quote Reply

Prev Next