Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No more Shimano sales from CRC/Wiggle to US/Canada? [BrianJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianJ wrote:
CRC/Wiggle are able to sell Shimano parts for less than dealer wholesale. I would be fine with CRC/Wiggle being able to ship to the US if I, as a retailer, could purchase Shimano components for the same price they can.

Yep. Definitely hard to compete when a customer can order something from the UK with free shipping and no tax, and it's less than a US shop has to pay their wholesaler! It isn't just Shimano, it's pretty much everything.
Quote Reply
Re: No more Shimano sales from CRC/Wiggle to US/Canada? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome awesome replies, I was not been aware of the issue until realizing that I could not order new groupsets at CR or PBK. 1000 GBP for a DA 91000, close to 2,500$ from retailers calling Shimano..

SO I TOOK 3 HOURS AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE COMPETITION BUREAU OF CANADA. Category? Monopoly and Anti-Competitive prices. Folks, it has been going on for years, with Canadians paying 100-300% higher prices in some cases. Now, Garneau, one of the two major importers, and Shimano, are muscling their tiny pecks hoping to increase profits...

Either case I named them directly.

Folks, a single lone cyclist cannot do it all. Group is far batter and more efficient. therefore, if you feel having to pay thousands more for parts, then PLSE FILL YOUR COMPETITION BUREAU FORMS with examples (I gave a groupset example), and describe how or why this impacts the consumer access to parts and to the sport..
Last edited by: Belisarius: Jun 3, 19 13:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next