Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone know the tyre clearance on a 2009-2010 cannondale slice?
Quote | Reply
Have been offered one on a 2nd hand deal- but need to know if the wheels will work. Anyone? Will 25mm tubbies work? Especially for front fork?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know the tyre clearance on a 2009-2010 cannondale slice? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 slice frame, which seems same as 09 or 10. I ran 25c vittoria corsa clinchers for a few months this summer, no clearance issues. That bike isn't built up at the moment for pics but IIRC the clearance wasn't razor thin. Check the "let's see your slice" thread there may be some insight there. Either in pics or discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know the tyre clearance on a 2009-2010 cannondale slice? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes 25cc width tires and tubes fit the frame and fork. Does your brake caliper widen enough?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know the tyre clearance on a 2009-2010 cannondale slice? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Have been offered one on a 2nd hand deal- but need to know if the wheels will work. Anyone? Will 25mm tubbies work? Especially for front fork?

I have run 32mm clinchers in mine and it barely clears the cutout. The issue is the brake caliper. If you run a tall 28mm or a widish 32mm no chance. A "normal" height 28mm or a smaller 32 and you're set. Enough clearance on the front fork, rear cutout set and chain stays.
Quote Reply