Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sagan at PR
Quote | Reply
Fun little excerpt from his book in the Velonews Cyclist of the Year article.

https://www.velonews.com/2018/12/from-the-mag/velonews-awards-2018-peter-sagan-cyclist-of-the-year_482349

Got a kick out of this line (after he'd asked for an Allen key to fix his loose handlebars).

"At that very moment my guardian angels appear alongside me in the Bora-Hansgrohe team car. I could have leaned in and kissed them. The lengthy tarmac stretch had enabled Ján Valach and Enrico Poitschke to rally-drive past the chasers and get up to the front.

“Got a four-millimeter Allen key, Ján?”

Everyone loves a four. It’s the one you get free with Ikea furniture. A minute later and we are back in the game."

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan at PR [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So many good bits there...

Quote:
“Godverdomme!” yells the Lotto guy in the most useful, time-honored swear word in the Flemish cycling bible.

Interesting to mention 'Godverdomme' and 'bible' in the same sentence. Not a theologian, but yeah...

Quote:
Dillier is riding amazingly well. I keep expecting him to sit on, but he keeps on coming through and giving me little turns. The best thing about this guy is that he thinks he can win this. And the worst thing about this guy is that he thinks he can win this.

I remember watching that and thinking almost the same thing: "This dude isn't going to beat Sagan now, is he?"

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan at PR [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guys really enjoying him some Sagan:

Strava
Last edited by: gmh39: Dec 19, 18 5:44
Quote Reply