Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim/Run in Malta?
Quote | Reply
We're headed to Malta all next week (the country, not the town in NY) and wondering if anyone has been, can recommend places to run and/or swim. We're staying in Valletta. Hotel has a treadmill, small weight room, so at worst I think I can get something in there. Looks to be in the 60s and sunny-ish though, so it'd be nice to get outside a bit.

I posted on here a while back asking about IM Austria v Lanzarote v France and got a bunch of great info, thank you all again. Change of plans though! We're apparently having a kid, which makes inter continental travel impossible at that time. However, it's a quick drive with a ~6 week old to IMMT, so I'll be there for a second go. (The handful of people I've mentioned this to thought this was hilarious/worst idea ever sooooo we'll see, I guess).

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim/Run in Malta? [RIVTDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there about a year ago in the St Julians area (not too far away). There is a path/promenade along the water that was nice to run along, though I didn't get too adventurous. Traveling all over the island it seemed pretty safe so I wouldn't hesitate to go exploring if you see some roads/trails that look cool. Link Here for strava file of my run.

I didn't do any serious swimming other than snorkeling but it looked like there were lots of (possibly natural saltwater) lap pools along the coast there too. Can see them pretty easily if you use google earth.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim/Run in Malta? [RIVTDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in Malta a couple of years ago (more I think) and stayed in Mellieha Bay, which is quite a ways away from where you are, relatively speaking. There were lots of running options where we stayed with minimal cars and stops, so it worked out quite nicely. I would say check out the Strava activities around where you're staying and maybe piece a couple of them together... it's a nice little place for sure.
Quote Reply