Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UTA instead of BTA
Quote | Reply
Preference for Under the Aerobar instead of above. Still accesible for refill.

Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would cause a lot of drag

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Part of the reason for sticking it on top of the aerobars, between the arms, is to fill in that space aerodynamically. You are taking it out of a place that has an aero advantage adding drag, and removing the benefit you get from having it between your arms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Preference for Under the Aerobar instead of above. Still accesible for refill.

You collect superbikes...?😀

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not so

g_lev wrote:
Part of the reason for sticking it on top of the aerobars, between the arms, is to fill in that space aerodynamically. You are taking it out of a place that has an aero advantage adding drag, and removing the benefit you get from having it between your arms.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should know better than that

BryanD wrote:
That would cause a lot of drag

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
not so

g_lev wrote:

ok
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really Eric? Please elaborate if you would.
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's highly independent... you'd have to test in the wind tunnel to be sure. Some under mounted hydration solutions actually save watts.

Scotthb wrote:
Really Eric? Please elaborate if you would.

Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not competing in the high levels,just love being in the race & riding my bikes.
In my mind i feel cramped with the hydration on top.I dont pull out the bottle anyway & just sip from the straw, and refill is accesible.
Also behind the bottle is the storage & stem so im thinking the dirty air flows thru.
Just my preference.
Unless its super flat or a downhill i maintain 25kph which I believe is not fast enough to worry about the aerodynamics all the time.
Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As with all things aero... Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I thought PD had aero tested their bottle —which I think is the 3rd set up/pic above—and showed some very positive results. Given that and the athletes that ride a similar set up on Scott/Canyon bikes, I have assumed that set up would test very well for essentially everyone. Maybe I’m wrong.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Dec 19, 18 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is that attached on the Andean? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked PD about any aero test and data. I was told they did not test it themselves but Ceepo. There was a whitepaper on the 2017 Ceepo Viper / Katana with some data on the PD bottle. However, that whitepaper has unfortunately been withdrawn (only the 2016 version seems to be still available). Honi soit qui mal y pense.

I would be very keen to see some data on it.
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [GuidoK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am referring to the 3rd set up not the 2nd set up. If I am correct that it is the PD Aeria Hydration, it didn’t even exist in 2016; I believe it was last year that it came out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, we are talking about the same thing. The PD Aeria Ultimate. And yes, the data was in the withdrawn 2017 whitepaper.
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [GuidoK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok... I thought it was cyclenutnz who is obviously in the know and I believe very credible in asserting that the set up produced a substantial reduction in drag. Even without published data, that statement, coupled with the fact the some top, aero-conscious triathletes use a similar proprietary set up on their bikes (Kienle, Frodo) is enough to convince me this set up is fast even without seeing data. Since I’m never going to pay to test any of this stuff myself, these tidbits about about as much info as we may ever get.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not doubt him and agree with you. I am more puzzled that there was data available and is no longer.
Quote Reply
Re: UTA instead of BTA [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I first used a Profile armrest bracket, then fabricated a bracket to hold the bottle. Very stable.

Quote Reply