Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both
Quote | Reply
If so, any comments on the course....doen the Big Horn, hear RRR is comparable IMTUF bit harder
Last edited by: Kenney: Dec 17, 18 15:59
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s IMTUF? I know about Run Rabbit (haven’t done it so no help here) but there other one isn’t ringing a bell with me for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://imtuf100.com/UkWfZ/

In Idaho. Both on same day in Sept. I live in Montana, so close to Big Horn, but I am turning 60, to do a 100 in June just not recovered to enjoy mountains in summer.
Found this site in rankings

http://humanpotentialrunning.com/comparing-silverheels/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
If so, any comments on the course....doen the Big Horn, hear RRR is comparable IMTUF bit harder

I'll be following this thread as well because those are the two I've been checking out as well. There is a great video, on YouTube I think, about last year's IMTUF winner David Ayala. It's basically his family following him to each site where crew are allowed.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think we will hear much. Let me know if you decide to do one of these though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Don't think we will hear much. Let me know if you decide to do one of these though.

I certainly will, and you do the same.

Both look very intriguing so it'll be hard deciding which one to attempt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never done IMTUF, but as far as mountainous ones - have done bear, bryce, bighorn, leadville, and rabbit twice

Like you said, Rabbit is fairly comparable to Bighorn, imo. One of my rabbits was faster than my bighorn, and the other was slower. So I guess that for me, they are kind of in the same ballpark.

If you want to be rub elbows with the big dogs, Rabbit is better than IMTUF due to the big $ payout.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also you can't beat the logistics, and lodging in Steamboat. Race starts and ends right in the town. Tons of places for rent within walking distance. Course also comes back through town twice, so convenient spectator access.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone do IMTUF 100 or Run Rabbit Run 100, or even better both [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rub elbows with big dogs,...….I will never see them.....,,,I am back of pack. Actually I was looking for the comparison in beauty. I know, so subjective. RRR looks more open in the pictures I have seen IMTUF looks more mountainous, if that is true.
Thank you for letting me know that RRR is comparable to Big Horn in difficulty.
I looked at Bryce but hard to train in Montana in Feb, March.

What would you say is course description for RRR, mountain? open meadows? Forest? Anything would help. Greatly appreciate it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fast folks start 4 hours after the "normal" people. So it is kinda cool to get to see them all as they pass you later on in the race. I think regulars start at 8am, so if you hate to rise early, this is your race.

It starts out with a long-ass, never-ending climb up a ski hill, then keeps going up a service road. At least you knock out a major climb right off the bat. Then you work your way back down to town alongside Fish Creek Falls, which is pretty scenic and cool. There is a fair amount of jeep roads or service roads in the race (maybe 10-15 miles? Just guessing), and a few miles of real pavement as you go through town, both outbound and inbound.

The ending is 3-4 miles of what-should-be-fast downhill. Which sounds awesome, but I find it to really suck 95+ miles in when your thighs are trashed.

As with most mountain races, can be 80 deg in the day and 20 deg at night up high. Key is to not get comfortable in the heated aid tents at night, or you'll never leave. But you probably already know this stuff.

What is scenic is so subjective. I better not comment on that, I don't want to offend any RD's out there haha

I'm sure you can't go wrong with whichever one you choose. They all suck and make you swear you'll never do another one. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I am a good swimmer, it will be like being passed on the bike all day. …………..I hope scenic...….on getting in tents.....I did a gnarley 50 where everytime you went above 8,000 it was snow, below rain. Was offered to go in a tent, I decided no way. I am already wet and cold,......your right, I never would of come out.

I go to a part in the mountains in Montana where fire took out a lot. Do not really like it, that's my only worry with IMTUF

Oh, Big Horn starts with a climb like that. …...Your right, it all sucks after 24 hours. I am a 30+hr guy......Thank YOu
Quote Reply