Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ship tri bike w/ integrated aerobars
Quote | Reply
Are there any bike cases that don't require for you to remove the aerobars?

I have a tri bike with 3T Ventus ii aerobars (integrated stem). Removing this is a real pain as the cabling to the rear brakes is a pain to put back into place (fuji D6).

I've had this bike successfully packed in a Scicon Tri bag in the past.

However, the airport I'm flying out of will not allow soft bags.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ship tri bike w/ integrated aerobars [Brian7581] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out premiere tactical hard case, heard it works well. I also read last week they are hold some cases to sell with their bikes only.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you install a barrel adjuster or some other kind of butt-joiner in the outer cable where the cable transitions between stem & frame? Then, you simply need to remove the inner cable at the rear brake, and that will allow you to separate the brake cable at the stem. I have an integrated cockpit on my bike, and this is how I setup my cable run for easier travel breakdown.
Quote Reply
Re: Ship tri bike w/ integrated aerobars [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The challenge is actually putting the inner brake cable back in. Since the brake itself is encased into the frame, getting the cable through is a total PITA because you have to remove the actual brake as well.

Might have to consider it though since box options seem to be limited.

Looks like the premier tactical case is the only hard case that might be a possibility assuming I can find one.

Thanks for replies so far guys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian7581 wrote:
The challenge is actually putting the inner brake cable back in. Since the brake itself is encased into the frame, getting the cable through is a total PITA because you have to remove the actual brake as well.

Might have to consider it though since box options seem to be limited.

Looks like the premier tactical case is the only hard case that might be a possibility assuming I can find one.

Thanks for replies so far guys!

Can't you just loosen the cable, and not pull it all the way out? i.e just put in enough slack to get the stem off the steerer.
What I would do is leave the rear brake cable as is, and when you remove the top cap and loosen the stem, to actually drop the fork rather than pull off the stem. You may need more slack in your front brake.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Ship tri bike w/ integrated aerobars [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately there is only about 1 inch of slack on the rear brake cable and that won't be enough for me to lift the aerobars off.

It definitely is not a travel friendly bike. Haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought QR's bike box to ship mine.
Granted I have a PR 6, but you can get the box dimensions and see if yours will fit.

All I had to do was take off the front wheel and point the bars down to fit into the box.
Back wheel stays on as well as all parts.
Packed my other junk and lots of packing material.

Shipped using BikeFlights.com

Worked great for IM 70.3 Indian Wells from Kansas.

Box made it and I can re-use it. Word on the street is they are making a bag to fit over it to protect the box a little.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a PremierBike bike case no base bar removal. Need to take off extensions or move them back. My Omni went to Kona this year simple pack up. Under 50 pounds with complete bike in it including wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Ship tri bike w/ integrated aerobars [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The premier case may be the most painless option it seems so far. I can't tilt my aerobars down like most setups because my stem and bars are integrated.
Quote Reply