Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lavender room gift guide
Quote | Reply
Title says it all, what gifts for Christmas would you like to see under the tree.

Bomber camp. You train then go up in a vintage plane with a crew and try your hand at dropping a "bomb" on a target. You can ever get in the ball turret and shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_TaK0WZj2k

Master Class, online classes by some of the top people in their field. I'd like to see Steve Martin teaching comedy. A few of the photography classes seem intriguing too.

https://www.masterclass.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like a job offer letter.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [Ringmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:

Master Class, online classes by some of the top people in their field. I'd like to see Steve Martin teaching comedy. A few of the photography classes seem intriguing too.

https://www.masterclass.com/

Would love to do the photography one too.

My side blog My Fermented Foods
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

Thanks. Maybe I should ask for an interview first. :-). But it's all good. It's only been a couple weeks and it's the worst time of the year to be looking.

It's a little tough being an engineer in Alberta right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM me if you move to central Maine.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

Thanks. Maybe I should ask for an interview first. :-). But it's all good. It's only been a couple weeks and it's the worst time of the year to be looking.

Are you in the oil and gas industry?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

Are you in the oil and gas industry?

Yes. I've been working for consulting firms executing petrochemical, oil, and gas projects for producers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

Oof - yeah it's not so great out there right now in O&G.

Good luck finding something.

My husband is off work too right now. We are more than fine for now, but he's very antsy not having a job.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm seems that there are a few of us un- or underemployed in Alberta. We may need to form our own LR support group!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you don't have to worry about healthcare.

Good luck looking.
Last edited by: dalava: Dec 17, 18 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd dearly love a bike seat that is comfortable! And a bike that fits perfectly, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Awww. Hope you get it.

Oof - yeah it's not so great out there right now in O&G.

Good luck finding something.

My husband is off work too right now. We are more than fine for now, but he's very antsy not having a job.

Thanks. I know I'm not the only one and I'm not having a pity party. I'll find something in the new year. I'm not one to sit and wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck! Statistically Dec has the highest application to interview rate of any month because people decide to wait til after the holidays or assume no one is hiring.

I had an opening two years ago I really needed to fill and the recruiting company struggled and sent me statistics on all this stuff.

I hope you get a great offer!
Quote Reply
Re: Lavender room gift guide [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? That's counter-intuitive, but your points make sense.

I'm certainly not waiting until the New Year. So far I've created 3 different resume versions (each highlighting different aspects of my career), had them peer reviewed by ~ 10 people from all walks, applied to 9 advertised openings, met/spoke with several of my colleagues to see who's doing what, and reached out to all of my HR/recruiter contacts. Next step is to start targeting companies that I'd want to work for, but aren't externally advertising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:
Really? That's counter-intuitive, but your points make sense.

I'm certainly not waiting until the New Year. So far I've created 3 different resume versions (each highlighting different aspects of my career), had them peer reviewed by ~ 10 people from all walks, applied to 9 advertised openings, met/spoke with several of my colleagues to see who's doing what, and reached out to all of my HR/recruiter contacts. Next step is to start targeting companies that I'd want to work for, but aren't externally advertising.

Oil and gas, check out IHS Markit. I know we have offices all over the place (Calgary in particular). Not sure if they are hiring right now.
Quote Reply