Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bike Shoes and Greg's front page article
Quote | Reply
Greg made this comment "As far as the placement of the bolt holes themselves, I found that they seemed to be a little closer to the toe than the Shimano and Specialized shoes I used most recently."

I'm wondering if folks know of other shoes besides the Shimano and Specialized shoes that have the bolt holes drilled farther away from the toe.

Thanks for any input!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike Shoes and Greg's front page article [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:
Greg made this comment "As far as the placement of the bolt holes themselves, I found that they seemed to be a little closer to the toe than the Shimano and Specialized shoes I used most recently."

I'm wondering if folks know of other shoes besides the Shimano and Specialized shoes that have the bolt holes drilled farther away from the toe.

Thanks for any input!

The Scott tri pro and tri carbon. So far back that i think the farthest of any standard shoe

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you use Speedplay pedals they have a wide variety of fore/aft adjustment and/or adapters.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply's, not a Speedplay user, so just pulled the trigger on the Scott's.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
according to some reviews Giros seem to have the holes drilled further back aswell.

https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/bikefit/2011/04/power-to-the-pedal-cleat-position/
Steve Hogg "[..] I've seen my first few pairs of Giro shoes and they seem to have more rearward cleat mounting holes, relative to foot in shoe, than most other shoes out there"

Some other google results seem to confirm this. I have Giro Empires, but can't really confirm/deny since I've always been on Giros or Bonts. (edit: and have been able to get my cleat position on both brands)

Last edited by: BummTschack: Dec 16, 18 6:20
Quote Reply