Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor for Water Running (Aquajogging)
Quote | Reply
Do Chest Strap Type heart rate monitors now function accurately underwater to give Current HR via a wristwatch? (It's been a while since I looked into this.)

The application is for Deep Water Running (Aquajogging).

If not, I was thinking about a Bluetooth Earbud heart rate monitor with an app that would give Heart Rate at regular intervals as a Voice Speak Over (overtop the music) for an iPhone SE as I would be unable to look over to the side of the pool at the iPhone during the workout. Does this even exist?

ST'ers, any starting point would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor for Water Running (Aquajogging) [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your options are the garmin hrm swim or garmin HRM tri strap with a garmin watch, which will give you HR data after the fact. The strap stores the data and syncs it to the watch when the workout is done.

Or, the new polar vantage watch (either M or V) gives you current optical HR in the pool. In my experience (11 swims so far) the optical HR is accurate enough when compared to an HRM swim that I've ditched my HRM swim chest strap and just swim with my vantage M. I wear the watch tight but was surprised how good it is. It's nice to actually see HR at the block.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor for Water Running (Aquajogging) [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finis makes an ear clip hrm. It’s called AquaPulse.

Ant+ makes it about two inches underwater. I have a mio link optical hrm that I put on the underside of my watch band, and I get accurate readings while swimming. https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5572673#p5572673

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply