Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Watch vs computer and mounting
Quote | Reply
I have a 2018 Pinarello Gan 105 Disk that I am going to have fit with a pair of aero bars in the spring. I also have a Garmin 920XT watch that I have used along with the standard Garmin rubber watch mount https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/11078 . I also have the Garmin quick release mounting system but have not used it.

The rubber mount is not made for more aero handlebars and I am looking for a better solution. What would you suggest I do for mounting my watch with the aerobars on and for when I take the off? Would it be significantly easier in transition to just get a computer and leave the watch on my wrist? Really I have had no issues with just using the watch for tracking - I don't need GPS.
Quote Reply
Re: Watch vs computer and mounting [MBaier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/114881

Note that the bayonet connector on that device is for the bike computers and is 90 degrees out from the quick disconnect mount for the 9xx wrist devices. You have to take the 2 screws that are shown out and turn the connector 90 degrees. After that just use the quick disconnect kit that you already own. It makes the watch clunky and thick, but you are using a 920 so that probably isn't one of your concerns. ;)

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this ---> is a pretty cool option.
Quote Reply
Re: Watch vs computer and mounting [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
It makes the watch clunky and thick, but you are using a 920 so that probably isn't one of your concerns. ;)

Hey! That's not nice! The 920 is clunky enough already... I don't need it to be clunkier.

/pink kinda
Quote Reply
Re: Watch vs computer and mounting [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:
It makes the watch clunky and thick, but you are using a 920 so that probably isn't one of your concerns. ;)

Hey! That's not nice! The 920 is clunky enough already... I don't need it to be clunkier.

/pink kinda
That's the reason I have been avoiding the QR kit, honestly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MBaier wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:

/pink kinda
That's the reason I have been avoiding the QR kit, honestly.

Yeah, me too. I got one as a gift 2 years ago. I put it together and thought, "man, that's thick!" I haven't ever used it.
Quote Reply