Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Smoothest runner.. [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eulid Kipchoge - He’s not just the best marathoner we’ve ever seen he might be the most beautiful runner we’ve ever seen.

Alistar is increadibly gritty. He runs to break people and that’s why he has two Gold Medals. He can usually break them. That strategy would be really fun to watch in Kona but the failure rate would be much higher. Can you imagine Alistar, Javi and Jan getting off the bike together in Kona? The results at 70.3 Worlds give a glimpse. That was all familiar territory for 8 years those three raced head to head chasing gold. In South Africa it was automatic they knew what had to happen coming off the bike, there was no pacing strategy at all. The result was 3 crazy performances. Imagine that same scenario on Alii drive. That would be something.

Lionel - Gritty similar to Alistar. Note Strategy.

Rinny is a classic gazelle. Every movement is meant to propel her forward.

Patrick similar to Eulid rarely shows the effort. Pace change and they both look the same. Eulid gets a slight grimace when it gets hard but his body never changes. Patrick dipped his head in the Energy Lab this year just a touch but then 200 meters later is was back on.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe no one has mentioned Gwen yet. To me she just floats across the road and for her size, seems to run lighter than it would suggest...

Gwen Jorgensen
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Gwen yet. To me she just floats across the road and for her size, seems to run lighter than it would suggest... Gwen Jorgensen

Used to agree more with this line of thinking. Relative to runners in the ITU she was a beautiful runner. Compared to pure runners it's quite ugly and inefficient
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
For me the world 70.3 champs really highlighted how great Frodos run form is.... Great pros look like lapped age grouper next to him

Raelert and Lange always look dangerous on the run.

Lange gets extra points for that video filmed from behind the aid station... He grabs 6 to 8 drinks and sponges without breaking stride... Link

tlc13 wrote:
Andreas Raelert. Love to watch him run.

that clip of Lange is amazing. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time (that's why I'm a triathlete), but seriously, at his speed I can't see how he does that, and make it look easy too.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
monty wrote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Gwen yet. To me she just floats across the road and for her size, seems to run lighter than it would suggest... Gwen Jorgensen

Used to agree more with this line of thinking. Relative to runners in the ITU she was a beautiful runner. Compared to pure runners it's quite ugly and inefficient

How do you know how efficient Gwen is?
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
Eulid Kipchoge - He’s not just the best marathoner we’ve ever seen he might be the most beautiful runner we’ve ever seen.

This ^^^ #1 for sure.

Sarah True also
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will go old school and say Simon Whitfield during his racing years was smoothest and most efficient runner.

Bill

Train Hard and Race Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [mfrota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Currie's running form, but most would say that it's pretty chunky. I think it's awesome and if you see his form from his track workouts and from Cairns, his foot placement is beautiful.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark Allen
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [808nation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the op was talking about triathletes, but okay just to remind us what only running can look like

Paul Chelimo

then back to triathlon context

Jan Frodeno

thats pretty decent show of balance of economy, glide and symmetry !
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Dec 16, 18 23:37
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Mirinda Carfrae always looks like the best pure runner in the game.

^^
This. She's a joy to watch go down the road.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Gwen yet. To me she just floats across the road and for her size, seems to run lighter than it would suggest...

Gwen Jorgensen

What is that supposed to mean? She is tiny!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [808nation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
808nation wrote:
SDJ wrote:

This ^^^ #1 for sure.

Sarah True also

I watched his video numerous times, but he rocks left and right slightly.
He does run like he's on cruise control though. Very consistent all the way through.
Quote Reply
Re: Smoothest runner.. [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The french side : Cassandre Beaugrand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5CsTHCiksA
Quote Reply

Prev Next