Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if any Slowtwitchers have experience with the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate. Looks like they're on their second generation ... https://www.sbrtrishop.com/sbr-rockr-pro.html
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Coudright] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was this thread recently and I think someone mentions them in there.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and use it for a great deal of training w/ my Tacx Neo. It is so damn good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to get one, I'm a little unclear on when they are available though. It shows as pre-order, but has said 6-8 weeks for availability since I've been checking their web page.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just call the shop and talk to them. That is what I did when I ordered it. Received it in a week or so I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just because it's related, there's a pretty great facebook group for rocker plates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/415329188897706/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for making my scan of forum page 2 worth my while. I'd been wanting a rocker plate and was tragically stuck between thinking they looked simple enough to DIY, and actually making any time to do so. I pulled the trigger, therefore my human - saddle interface thanks you as well.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like that idea and I reckon it would be a definite improvement to my indoor trainer experience.
However, I think their pricing is nuts.
As far as I can see it's two plywood boards laminated with recycled rubber, some inflated elastic balls in between to provide the flex and a few pieces of hardware to mount the trainer. That does not justify a price of $500 in my eyes. And I'm certainly not paying $250 to ship it to Europe. It's big and bulky but I'm certain they can do a hell of a lot better than that. $150 should be feasible.
If it was about $300-$340 incl shipping I'd consider it, but for $750? Not a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went the build kit route and am happy with the decision (not actually the SBR build kit but a nearly identical option that is much easier to get a hold of in the UK).

Its more expensive than doing a full DIY build but I do think it saved a lot of time and potential issues in sourcing and spec'ing the parts from scratch. Cutting and drilling the boards is a quick job assuming you have the correct tools and it also gives you much more aesthetic freedom with the end product. I am not a massive fan of the solid back finish and wanted a brighter more custom looking piece for the pain-cave. In total the build came in significantly under the price of the full SBR unit with a similar functionality and improved looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you can provide details or a link to the kit you used?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikeacces.com/...463rocker-plate.html Sells DIY kits for all the popular trainers.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that looks a LOT more reasonable!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike access one list above is the one I used. The prices don't include VAT so I paid just over 100 euros including shipping.

I have a Tacx flux which has an awkward shaped plastic case. Looking elsewhere online people have damaged the case trying to secure it to the plates but the mounting bracket bike access supply gets around this problem. Trainers with metal legs appear to be much easier to clamp down but it is something to consider when looking into plates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great. Mine is a KK Road machine. Big robust steel tube frame so it should be easy to clamp in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBR also just sells the hardware kit (You provide the boards) for Pro model for $150. I will probably go that route. Will probably get the boards, cut them, paint them and then order the kit. Or I might just buy the hardware on my own. More interested in the full size rather than just back platform.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when the CycleOps rocker plate comes out?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theoretically sometime in spring of 2019. I read that from Ray @ http://www.dcrainmaker.com who has a test unit from them currently.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen the SBR ROCKR PRO rocker plate? [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the SBR Rockr plate and I use it with my Kickr. It's freaking amazing. The bike even leans when I reach out for my nutrition or hydration, just like IRL.

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply