Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:
OK. Between you and burnthesheep, I guess it's over. There was a group here that supported Trump and viewed the wall largely as a metaphor.

That's all well and good but Trump 100% disagrees that it's a metaphor and wants an actual wall.

Good point. Obama got to build his wall on the border, but Trump's having problems because he's such a dickhead about it.

I can't say that isn't part of it. It is kind of like in my family. My next two older siblings were fucking brats. Just mean to our mom. Me on the other hand was nice, didn't talk back. I don't recall my brother and sister ever getting into serious trouble but mom was pretty hard on them. When the cops showed up at our house about midnight because someone gave me a case of beer to do donuts in a teacher's yard nothing happened. Didn't even lose the car for a day.

Now think if Trump had not started his campaign talking about Mexican rapists and then spent 3 years dehumanizing illegal immigrants at every turn using them as political pawns in the most cynical way.

Instead he could have talked about the need for comprehensive reform and the need to meet our labor needs while making sure that the rights of workers and people already in the country need to be respected. And pointed out that in order for our immigration system to work we need to follow an orderly process within the framework of our laws. And part of that orderly process is controlling who does and does not enter the country and when.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:
OK. Between you and burnthesheep, I guess it's over. There was a group here that supported Trump and viewed the wall largely as a metaphor.

That's all well and good but Trump 100% disagrees that it's a metaphor and wants an actual wall.

I meant that it's a metaphor against the people wanting the wall. In other words, it's not about border security. It's about not liking brown people. It's the embodiment of their collective hatreds.

He's giving them exactly what they want. "Hey, look at this border security wall. Ignore the fact we won't fix the broken immigration system." You can't honestly believe building the wall resolves a factual security issue that's balanced against the consequences. If you were honest, you'd be raiding the homes of all the petulant man children that own guns and sit online spreading hatred and shooting up churches and gay clubs.

But.......we're building a wall.

Explain to me why some trailer trash in Iowa on government assistance is so concerned about a latino murdering them or stealing their job? Or worried about Sur13. Exactly. Wall. Go away.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:

Good point. Obama got to build his wall on the border, but Trump's having problems because he's such a dickhead about it.

I can't say that isn't part of it. It is kind of like in my family. My next two older siblings were fucking brats. Just mean to our mom. Me on the other hand was nice, didn't talk back. I don't recall my brother and sister ever getting into serious trouble but mom was pretty hard on them. When the cops showed up at our house about midnight because someone gave me a case of beer to do donuts in a teacher's yard nothing happened. Didn't even lose the car for a day.

Now think if Trump had not started his campaign talking about Mexican rapists and then spent 3 years dehumanizing illegal immigrants at every turn using them as political pawns in the most cynical way.

Instead he could have talked about the need for comprehensive reform and the need to meet our labor needs while making sure that the rights of workers and people already in the country need to be respected. And pointed out that in order for our immigration system to work we need to follow an orderly process within the framework of our laws. And part of that orderly process is controlling who does and does not enter the country and when.

serious question.. do you honestly believe if he said any of that he would get his wall? do you believe he still wouldn't have been called a racist for those comments? Im not so sure.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:

serious question.. do you honestly believe if he said any of that he would get his wall? do you believe he still wouldn't have been called a racist for those comments? Im not so sure.

He definitely would have still been called a racist. That's just the way some on the D side roll (queue site owner). However, the intensity, the believability, and even the spreading of sentiment through the rest of the GOP would have been far less impactful than it now is. Put another way, despite what is said here on both sides, those words do matter.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

He definitely would have still been called a racist. That's just the way some on the D side roll (queue site owner). However, the intensity, the believability, and even the spreading of sentiment through the rest of the GOP would have been far less impactful than it now is. Put another way, despite what is said here on both sides, those words do matter.

What part of this statement could have been interpreted as racist?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:
SH wrote:

It is hard to tell because it is fantasy land. I created an entirely different Trump and I am not sure what that reasoned approach would look like from him. That would be a completely different person. I'm sure some would, that is how politics rolls in the US right now. Instead of Trump if we insert Kasich for a more believable person saying these things some would still cry racism, but not nearly as many.

But I was more differentiating why Obama could deport a shit ton of people, build up the barrier on the southern border, etc. while not being called a racist. I'm sure some of it is based on party but a lot of that is in the presentation.

Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

What part of this statement could have been interpreted as racist?

None of it.

But the far left crazies would say it's racist.

Instead Trump is actually being racist and rightfully being called racist.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's already trying to blame Dems for the potential shutdown that he is "proud" to do.

Who here is shocked?

Anyone?

Bueller?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Who wrote this?

Interesting that they didn't really articulate why "Walls work"... They do make a compelling case for an online editor at DHS, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And in yet another predictable result, the "great deal maker" is backing down.

So how do those of you that support this con man feel? Let down, disappointed, lied to, regretting your life decisions?

Art of the Deal, my ass.

Quote:
The White House wants to avoid a partial government shutdown and has found other ways to get the border wall President Trump is demanding, spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said Tuesday.
Sanders’ comments come four days before large portions of the federal government will begin shutting down unless Congress and Trump reach a funding deal.
Trump has been demanding $5 billion from Congress for his border wall, which Democrats refuse to give.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...98f91ee6f_story.html

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh, it’s almost like he’s embarrassingly predictable for a crazed, unpredictable madman.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now wouldn't you know that Trump now says monies accrued to the US of A from the USMCA will pay for the "Wall". Shit, not only has he gotten the Mexicans to pay, but the Canadians are forking over some greenbacks too. That man truly has some unpredictably predictable talent.
To all the Moose herders, thanks much.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...because that's how trade deals work. Signatories to the deal agree to funnel cash directly to the US Treasury. Who knew?!

Sanders was asked today if they had "done the math" on exactly how the USMCA would fund the wall, and she waffled.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Sanders was asked today if they had "done the math" on exactly how the USMCA would fund the wall, and she waffled.

Well, you gotta' admit, math is hard. She may just need a little more time.
Quote Reply
Re: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
...because that's how trade deals work. Signatories to the deal agree to funnel cash directly to the US Treasury. Who knew?!

To be fair, she was told there would be no math.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He definitely would have still been called a racist. That's just the way some on the D side roll (queue site owner).

Do you really have to be "some on the D side" to consider that Trumps comments about rapists and murderers is racist? I would think that is a given for everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crisis adverted! No need for a shut down. Florida man to pay for wall.

Or at least raise money in a GoFundMe.

Quote:
A Florida man has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money online for President Trump's border wall, saying "it's up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling." As of Thursday morning, the GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $3.3 million, with a goal of $1 billion — a fifth of the $5 billion that President Trump has been demanding, unsuccessfully, from Congress.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Crisis adverted! No need for a shut down. Florida man to pay for wall.

Or at least raise money in a GoFundMe.

Quote:

A Florida man has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money online for President Trump's border wall, saying "it's up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling." As of Thursday morning, the GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $3.3 million, with a goal of $1 billion — a fifth of the $5 billion that President Trump has been demanding, unsuccessfully, from Congress.

Where is your life at when this is what you want to be spend your Christmas raising money for?

Quote Reply

Prev Next