Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: disc, tri spoke, deep "U" front.....budget build
Quote | Reply
Looking for budget wheel items here.

I prefer clinchers, but if price is right I'll try a tub.

Looking for:
-rear disc (10 spd ok, I'm cool with grinding a cassette)
-front U shape deep wheel or a tri spoke, name brand or "open mold"

Things needing minor repair are OK. Like a bearing or a carbon patch.

I'm in the $200 to $350 range.

Let me know whatcha got. I got lazy on messaging a guy who did have one of the items and assume he sold it during my sloth.

Can't really sling both right now, so prefer the disc or the tri-spoke front. Unless both means they're both really cheap and need work.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: disc, tri spoke, deep "U" front.....budget build [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I messaged you about the Renn disc. Its tubular but in very good condition. It does need a tire, but there's no glue on the wheel so that'll save you some elbow grease. I could sell it for $300 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: disc, tri spoke, deep "U" front.....budget build [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a just back from Zipp 808 Firecrest front wheel. The front hub was replaced under recall and Zipp relaced it with all new spokes. The rim was in good shape with no discernable brake wear so it is essentially like a new wheel. This is the original U front wheel, tests among the fastest wheels in the world and will save more time than that disc in the rear. It is a tubular, but I'll meet your price point at $350 because I bought another as I waited for this one to get back.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: disc, tri spoke, deep "U" front.....budget build [pdudle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the matching rear wheel that is 10 speedbut upgradeable to 11.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: disc, tri spoke, deep "U" front.....budget build [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a tubular Zipp 808 with ~400 miles on it I would let go for $300+ shipping, has non-zipp generic hub, anodized Red, built by wheel builder in 2013. Due to injury/kids I haven't used since 2015. I am located in Portland OR.

Last edited by: orgsxrracer: Dec 10, 18 23:58
Quote Reply