Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Bohemian Rhapsody was the best movie I saw all year. And I am going to see it again.

Agree, and it was my 19 year old daughters suggestion to see it, go figure.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A really good movie that should be considered is Christopher Robin.

It was a good story
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Bohemian Rhapsody
x2

I also liked First Man

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roma was beautiful, and the young woman who played the maid was amazing, given she had never acted before.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is another Cohen Brothers masterpiece.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Time Murders
Fifty Shades Freed
Gotti
The Hurricane Heist
Momma Mia! Here We Go Again!
Rampage

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to one movie in a theater last year, so my vote goes to Smallfoot, for everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
kiki wrote:
Three Billboards

Widows and A Quiet Place pretty good too

Agreed on Three Billboards and A Quiet Place. I did not see Widows.

I would add:

Chappaquiddick
MI: Fallout

I am just watching A Quiet Place for the first time right now. How the hell do you people like this? It has more moments where the only reaction is, "What the fuck, that isn;t how that works" than any movie I have seen in years and years. Right now I am watching two kids sink into corn in a silo like it is water. The monster just heard a door open from a mile away and ran away to eat the kids instead of staying to eat the tasty little baby right in front of it. Earlier someone put a nail in the top of the tread on a stairway. Somehow bare feet are quieter than soft shoes. They know loud noises make it so the monsters can't hear them, but do they live near running water?

And who the fuck planted those acres and acres of corn without making a noise?

ETA - and, 'Oh, let's have a god damn baby because those NEVER make any noise.'

EETA - and where the hell are they getting electricity? and if they have electricity why use candles half the time?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jan 6, 19 19:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
The Hurricane Heist
Rampage
No, and hell no!

Im not a movie critic by any stretch of the imagination, but Hurricane Heist would have been one of the worst movies I saw in 2018, and Rampage was just stupid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really enjoyed Green Book (and also Bohemian Rhapsody but that won't win)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
kiki wrote:
Three Billboards

I would add:

Chappaquiddick

I am just watching A Quiet Place for the first time right now. How the hell do you people like this? It has more moments where the only reaction is, "What the fuck, that isn;t how that works" than any movie I have seen in years and years. Right now I am watching two kids sink into corn in a silo like it is water. The monster just heard a door open from a mile away and ran away to eat the kids instead of staying to eat the tasty little baby right in front of it. Earlier someone put a nail in the top of the tread on a stairway. Somehow bare feet are quieter than soft shoes. They know loud noises make it so the monsters can't hear them, but do they live near running water?

EETA - and where the hell are they getting electricity? and if they have electricity why use candles half the time?

I liked A Quiet Place right up to the end when my suspension of belief was overwhelmed. If you could just gun them down, all you had to do was set a speaker up in the middle of a field to draw them in and then pick them off one by one.

Why didn't they carry toys or any sort of sound device such as the one that got their kid killed and when the monsters might be coming just turn it on and throw it ten feet away?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
JSA wrote:
The Hurricane Heist
Rampage
No, and hell no!

Im not a movie critic by any stretch of the imagination, but Hurricane Heist would have been one of the worst movies I saw in 2018, and Rampage was just stupid

I didn’t think I needed to use pink with that list.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
kiki wrote:
Three Billboards

I would add:

Chappaquiddick

Agree. Movie was shit. Walked out of the theater.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Andrew69 wrote:
JSA wrote:

The Hurricane Heist
Rampage

No, and hell no!

I didn’t think I needed to use pink with that list.
In my defence, I was off sick :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Furiosa wrote:
Roma was beautiful, and the young woman who played the maid was amazing, given she had never acted before.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is another Cohen Brothers masterpiece.

I haven't seen a lot of movies but those two are my favorites so far.

Roma is remarkable. Best looking black and white I've ever seen, amazing how beautiful it is without color.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
It's getting to be that time of year again. Lists are starting to come out...and I'm skeptical.

Black Panther...Really one of the best movies of the year or just another comic book hero flick? I ask because the review I read seemed to be enamored with the color of the actors' skin and the fact that most action movies are not best movie material.

The absolutely only reason Black Panther is being considered is because of the color of its cast. The movie was ok, but not great.

Yeah well you guys must not have good taste in movies as I see it's been nominated for best picture :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched Blackkklansman, nominated for Best Picture.

It's a great plot, a lot of it true, but the direction falls flat. It felt like a woke Starsky and Hutch.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw "Cold War" and really liked, really liked it.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies of 2018 [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked "The Favourite" - the film will tell about hidden political intrigues during the reign of Queen Anne - the last monarch of the Stuarts dynasty on the English throne. The narrative will cover the time period between the end of the 17th century and the first years of the 18th century, when Anna took the throne in 1702. The country is de facto ruled by Lady Sarah Churchill instead of the mad Queen Anne, with whom they are very close.

Perhaps it will be useful to someone - on https://assignment.essayshark.com/ you can find experts who will help you with difficult study assignments and give answers to questions that you're interested in.
Quote Reply

Prev Next