Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marathon Investigation Podcast
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Marathon Investigation Podcast is live! The first 5 episodes are up. Please subscribe, rate and review. @realcoachcane @sportstats @tenjunkmiles

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/marathon-investigation-podcast/id1445980836

Listened to Episode 1 yesterday - 40 minute or so intro to what MI is all about and what Derek has had to put up with regarding shaming and denials

Kinda disappointed that it took almost the whole episode to mention Mike Rossi

Also, not used to running podcasts that don't start with "So what are we drinking?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Dec 9, 18 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I listen to them today. My take is 1 the Bill guy is crazy. 2) I wish Marathon investigator dude would stick to his guns more. Cheaters suck
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to download this without iTunes?

I like to download podcast right to my non-iphone cell and listen while I drive.

Edit: I think I found a link where they host the podcasts.

http://marathoninvestigation.libsyn.com/...h-and-race-vigilante
Last edited by: the_thief: Dec 12, 18 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Podcast Addict on Android.

the_thief wrote:
Is there a way to download this without iTunes?
I like to download podcast right to my non-iphone cell and listen while I drive.

Edit: I think I found a link where they host the podcasts.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I listened to the "Bill" podcast last night. I think that they should have cut him off after 5 minutes. They did not discuss the changing of the Strava file which is where the cheating occurred.

I am genuinely concerned about Anita's mental health. If Bill is her partner and is still angry and ranting after 6 months he is not stable. I hope that he is not like this at home.

I think that the article on Marathon Investigations should be updated. In it Derek expresses concern about a teacher having this kind of reaction. I think that it is highly likely that Bill wrote the rant and changed the Strava file. On the podcast he admitted that he posts as Anita.
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...e-anita-carcone.html
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
I am genuinely concerned about Anita's mental health. If Bill is her partner and is still angry and ranting after 6 months he is not stable. I hope that he is not like this at home.

See also: Mike Rossi

He was just like that at home

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not know what made me turn my head when I did, but on my way home from work, I just happened to notice the sign in front of a church as I passed by

Y'know, how they usually post a Bible verse up there?

For some reason, this one was:

"2 Timothy 2:5 - Athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules."

If I were to EVER get a Bible verse reference as a tattoo "2Tim2:5" might be it

Last edited by: RandMart: Dec 13, 18 18:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rossi should get that tattoed and try to qualify for Boston.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
On the podcast he admitted that he posts as Anita.

"It's me! It's me, sweeheart!"

Bill sounds like a mash-up of Joe Pesci and The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the_thief wrote:
I think I found a link where they host the podcasts.

Thanks, that makes it much easier

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
the_thief wrote:
I think I found a link where they host the podcasts.

Thanks, that makes it much easier

My Android podcast app couldn't find it the first day Derek put it on iTunes, but it finds it just fine now.

I've listened to them all, except the 2 hour argument, which I heard before on Ten Junk Miles. Entertaining stuff. Anita's Bill was hilarious, but a bit disturbing and I felt a bit guilty for laughing at him.

I'd be fine with the podcast having a total moratorium on ever mentioning Mike Rossi. There's nothing to be said about Rossi that hasn't been said a thousand times.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
[I'd be fine with the podcast having a total moratorium on ever mentioning Mike Rossi. There's nothing to be said about Rossi that hasn't been said a thousand times.

I think they came to that agreement as well in the Bart Yasso conversation; like,1) what would DQing him now achieve? 2) VIA has tightened things up at the Lehigh Marathon, and even caught & DQ'd another suspected course cutter without fanfare

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OH MY GOD THIS IS GOLD....Who is this Bill guy?

Superfly Coaching
http://www.superflycoaching.com/eric

IL PIRATA VI GUARDA
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [turneej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually too painful to listen to. Pure car crash podcasting. I had to stop half way because it was so draining...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine on another forum < gasp! > who lives in AZ, posted the following about Anita

Quote:
Her actions affected many. Tri Scottsdale was a little more than annoyed. They stiffened up their membership since this dumb bunny ruined it for some of us that are part timers to the Scottsdale Tri scene. Fuck her!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old thread I know, but Bill is SERIOUSLY crazy

Bill: "Who am I talking to anyways" (this is the fourth of fifth time he's asked, maybe 45 minutes into the "interview" at this point)

[Scott and Derek calmy explain again who they are]

Bill: WHO CARES!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [trialex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I may be appearing on Marathon Investigation. I did an OD in shitty conditions, swim course was 2 laps, run round cone. The course wasn't marked well and me and 2 other guys leading our AG ended up way up the beach, so ran down, started 2nd lap which was fine A few people popped up further up the beach, just not as far as us. Officials didn't say anything, but I got a bit of stick when the results came out and the 3 of us had beat all the Pros by about 2 mins.... oops. It was a small race, so not really a big deal, but a bit embarrassing..
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You were right to come to us, son

Say three Hail Marys, a couple Our Fathers and email the RD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I think I may be appearing on Marathon Investigation. I did an OD in shitty conditions, swim course was 2 laps, run round cone. The course wasn't marked well and me and 2 other guys leading our AG ended up way up the beach, so ran down, started 2nd lap which was fine A few people popped up further up the beach, just not as far as us. Officials didn't say anything, but I got a bit of stick when the results came out and the 3 of us had beat all the Pros by about 2 mins.... oops. It was a small race, so not really a big deal, but a bit embarrassing..

Withholding judgement until I can find out if your last name fills the double letter protocol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, that sucks. But he only investigates people that dont deny their faster than pro times, and take their awards or whatever swag that ill gotten place got them. And of course you have to do the facebook front door brag about all your accomplishments and how you crushed the AG, and beat the pro times....(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any decent running specific podcasts? What do you guys listen to?
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, this woman is bat-shit crazy. Check out here year in Strava 2018....her longest training month is impossible with a full time job, which she says she is a teacher.
Here.
Last edited by: TriDavis: Feb 4, 19 12:47
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:
Okay, this woman is bat-shit crazy. Check out here year in Strava 2018....her longest training month is impossible with a full time job, which she says she is a teacher. Here.

She definitely has a screw loose and I'm not sure how she achieved that ridiculous Dec input; but all of the months prior and her annual totals were well within reason for any dedicated age grouper.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
TriDavis wrote:
Okay, this woman is bat-shit crazy. Check out here year in Strava 2018....her longest training month is impossible with a full time job, which she says she is a teacher. Here.

She definitely has a screw loose and I'm not sure how she achieved that ridiculous Dec input; but all of the months prior and her annual totals were well within reason for any dedicated age grouper.

Yeah, the only thing that really looks screwy is the December total time. Could be something as innocuous as forgetting to stop a device from recording at the end of a workout, and it ran for a few days before running out of battery. If you look at her bike and swim time and mileage totals, they seem plausible (5168 miles cycling in 310 hours = 16.7mph average; 168 miles swimming in 67 hours = 1:22/100y average). Run time of 181 hours to go 615 miles, however, is a 17+ min/mile pace. I'm going to assume there was something in the magnitude of a 90-100 hour error in the running time in December. If you make the total annual run time 86 hours, her average run pace becomes ~7:03/mile.....and her total average training time is less than 8.5hours a week, well within reason for a full time teacher.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Feb 4, 19 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Investigation Podcast [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
TriDavis wrote:

Yeah, the only thing that really looks screwy is the December total time. Could be something as innocuous as forgetting to stop a device from recording at the end of a workout, and it ran for a few days before running out of battery. If you look at her bike and swim time and mileage totals, they seem plausible (5168 miles cycling in 310 hours = 16.7mph average; 168 miles swimming in 67 hours = 1:22/100y average). Run time of 181 hours to go 615 miles, however, is a 17+ min/mile pace. I'm going to assume there was something in the magnitude of a 90-100 hour error in the running time in December. If you make the total annual run time 86 hours, her average run pace becomes ~7:03/mile.....and her total average training time is less than 8.5hours a week, well within reason for a full time teacher.

Without being able to see the detail, that's where my mind went first too..

It happens with my Training Peaks acct as well. I'll log in and notice some unachievable swim volume attributed to me...Something was screwed up when it was uploaded from Garmin...

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply