Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon Statistics
Quote | Reply
Hey all, apologies in advance if there is already a topic on this (if so, please direct me) as i could not find one, but i am interested in a good site for triathlon statistics. More specifically, i'd like to know about splits an all the distances (i.e. fastest run in a sprint, olympic, 70.3, Ironman).

I know about obstri.com but that only has stats about Ironman branded 70.3 and full events. Trisplits.com does have a section listing the athlete/race/date/etc. but again only seems to be for full distance events and does not appear to be updated for 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Statistics [AndresA13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More specifically, i'd like to know about splits an all the distances (i.e. fastest run in a sprint, olympic, 70.3, Ironman). //

I highly doubt you will find anything like this, and of course if you even did, you would really never know what the actual distances that were raced on that day. A race company like WTC might have something like that for just their races, but probably not a ranking, just the top times, all which are suspect too. Unfortunately our sport is not like running or pool swimming, or track cycling where distances are certified and the same.

Some day it could be possible, using mph or running pace to compare over the actual distances, but of course the fast times are always going to be on flat, downhill, tailwind courses, so not sure what value that will have..Just look at the "new"70.3 run record by Frondeno, a known short course, but called record non the less..
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Statistics [AndresA13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlinks might be a good centralized source. They would tell me what % I’m in for a given race distance.
Quote Reply