Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Little Mermaid, come on down!
Quote | Reply
It's your turn to feel the wrath of the perpetually offended. No longer can you sing "Kiss the Girl".
https://hellogiggles.com/...l-toxic-masculinity/

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: The Little Mermaid, come on down! [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh the trama. I'm sure some of the victims probably had to drop out of school after experiencing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many (most?) ballparks have dropped the Kiss Cam for the same reason. I sort of get it, and as you might know, I'm no fan of PC culture and people who use the term Toxic Masculinity, in particular. It's awkward and uncomfortable for some people, and ultimately unnecessary. I mean, making a spectacle of an audience member by pressuring her to consent to a kiss from a stranger in front of hundreds of people...it isn't hard to see why that would be problematic for some people, right? The group said they're suspending the song until they can figure out how to incorporate it differently, so that it doesn't pose that problem. I'm fine with that, to the extent that I care at all.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: The Little Mermaid, come on down! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the end of the story. They're also offended that Ariel has no say-so on whether Eric kisses her.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: The Little Mermaid, come on down! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Many (most?) ballparks have dropped the Kiss Cam for the same reason. I sort of get it, and as you might know, I'm no fan of PC culture and people who use the term Toxic Masculinity, in particular. It's awkward and uncomfortable for some people, and ultimately unnecessary. I mean, making a spectacle of an audience member by pressuring her to consent to a kiss from a stranger in front of hundreds of people...it isn't hard to see why that would be problematic for some people, right? The group said they're suspending the song until they can figure out how to incorporate it differently, so that it doesn't pose that problem. I'm fine with that, to the extent that I care at all.

Nonsense. The kiss cam isn’t designed to make women accept kisses from strangers. It’s supposed to identify couples and have fun with them.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Read the end of the story. They're also offended that Ariel has no say-so on whether Eric kisses her.

Because she can’t speak...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d kiss her....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two things I remember about the Little Mermaid:

The cover of the VHS has a penis draw on it disguised as a turret in a castle.

The pastor on the boat had a noticable boner when talking to Ariel.

GIYF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My takeaway from the article is the group would bring 2 strangers on the stage and try to get them to kiss.
It has nothing to do with the song itself.
Sounds like it was a stupid stunt.
Nothing newsworthy here.
Quote Reply
Re: The Little Mermaid, come on down! [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes me wonder, is “spin the bottle” something that is still done? Or seven minutes in heaven?
Quote Reply
Re: The Little Mermaid, come on down! [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Makes me wonder, is “spin the bottle” something that is still done? Or seven minutes in heaven?
Are plastic bottles as effective as glass?
Quote Reply