Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB basic GPS watch
Quote | Reply
Nothing fancy - pace, laps. Garmin 25 sort of deal. It is for my son. While he races tris he wouldn’t make much use of a multisport watch.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: WTB basic GPS watch [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a first gen Garmin Vivoactive. Comes with the original band and an orange silicone spare.

$60 shipped Cont US.

GPS/Glonass
Pace
Stride rate
Swim stroke detection
Picks up Ant+ sensors (hem, speed/cadence, etc,).
Etc.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB basic GPS watch [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting - didn’t realize how much those did. Easy enough to operate?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: WTB basic GPS watch [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty straightforward. There are a ton of features, so it can be as easy or complex as you want to make it.

For running I just press the right button to get the menu, tap the run icon, and then the right button is used for start/stop.
Now if you want, you can have up to three screens with customized data fields for your runs, auto-sync to your phone and then to Strava, set auto lap records, download custom faces and data fields, etc. etc.

Here's DC Rainmaker's review:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html
(note: There have been a lot of firmware upgrades. When I first got the watch it would occasionally miss recording a turn when lap swimming, that got fixed). FWIW, battery life is ~6hrs in GPS mode (I use it for 70.3s) and a week just running as a watch.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply