Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Romanoffs - Episode 7...(possible spoilers)
Quote | Reply
In case you don’t know, “The Romanoffs” is a show on Amazon Prime and each of the 8 episodes are stand alone stories.

Episode 7 is about a couple who adopting a baby from Russia.

With the exception of the specific location, gender of the baby and a part of the story line that serves as the main plot (I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t watched it)...

...everything (and I mean everything) is about as an accurate representation of Mrs. Duffy’s and my experience with our adoption.

The details of this show were such that it could have been written by myself and Mrs Duffy to the best of our recollections of how things went down.

The Russian handler - looked, dress and behaved almost exactly like ours.

The children’s home director - looked, dress and behaved almost exactly like ours.

The children’s home care taker - looked, dress and behaved almost exactly like ours.

The judge - looked, dress and behaved almost exactly like ours.

The court room - looked exactly like the one we went to.

The children’s home - looked exactly like the one we went to (including the dog in the snow and the playground equipment.

The convenience store scene - nailed it.

The airport - nailed it.

The water in the shower - same as us.

The money.

The gifts

The car ride (no kid seat, too hot)

Don’t smile.

Don’t go out at night.

IT WAS FUCKING FREAKY HOW MUCH OF IT WAS LIKE OUR EXPERINCE!!!!!!!!

Other than the exceptions above you couldn’t make a more dead on accurate representation of how it went for us.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Dec 6, 18 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: The Romanoffs - Episode 7...(possible spoilers) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and I just finished that episode a few days ago, pretty crazy if that’s how it goes down over there. I really enjoyed the first episode but have been a little disappointed in the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: The Romanoffs - Episode 7...(possible spoilers) [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is by far the best episode of the entire season, and I don't expect another season either.
Quote Reply
Re: The Romanoffs - Episode 7...(possible spoilers) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We adopted from Apatity, Murmansk Region in 2006. I started watching the first 10 minutes at work and had to force myself to stop so that I can watch it later with my wife. I can tell this is going to be a great episode already. Stashing the cash, clothes for the kid, gifts, don't smile, airport scene, etc. I hope there is a scene on the domestic air travel. It was a priceless experience. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Romanoffs - Episode 7...(possible spoilers) [too.tall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing on domestic flights.

I believe Vladivostok (where this takes place) is a direct flight (and also only one trip instead of two).

My wife watched it and then went nuts on me to watch it. I spent the first 20 minutes literally with my mouth agape. Yes, i meant literally.

We adopted from Stavropol in 2005, btw.

How’s your kid now?

Our son is the best one can hope for.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply