Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:
I dont know about the swim, but the bike was 89.3 and run 21.1 on both my stryd and Garmin 935 with GPS+GLONASS. Just really good conditions :) as always, my files are on my strava account. Take a look if you are interested.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/817333

Well, that solves that debate! Congrats on an outstanding performance!

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:
I dont know about the swim, but the bike was 89.3 and run 21.1 on both my stryd and Garmin 935 with GPS+GLONASS. Just really good conditions :) as always, my files are on my strava account. Take a look if you are interested.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/817333

Amazing performance by you and your team! And Thanks for sharing your files!

So come on, please tell us if more 70.3s planned for the team??

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: Honu, IMC, IMMD, IMAZ
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems so! cool with some new ones and faces/nations to keep an eye on
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [bentus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bentus wrote:
Cool, thanks for your reply Gustav! And congratulations for your insane race!
But bike power seems a bit low at 280W for 45km/h? Is your powermeter calibrated?

Wish you all the best for the Next Season. Are you going to race 70.3 worlds? Shows that ITU athletes in their prime demolish 70.3.

Yeah, I agree. I did calibrate it before the race today, but it seemed very low. I am really aero, but still lower watt than training when holding same speed in same conditions. I will say that I was not doing as much work on the bike as Kristian, but 12m behind is not that great of an aero benefit.

Norwegian National Team Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  
Amazing performance by you and your team! And Thanks for sharing your files!

So come on, please tell us if more 70.3s planned for the team??[/quote]

Thank you! I will take my qualifying spot for 70.3 WC in Nice, but other than that I will only do WTS. I don't know if Kristian will go for the Triple Crown. He seems eager, but as with me he's highest ambitions are with the world series.

Norwegian National Team Athlete
Last edited by: Guiden: Dec 8, 18 5:29
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:

Amazing performance by you and your team! And Thanks for sharing your files!

So come on, please tell us if more 70.3s planned for the team??


Thank you! I will take my qualifying spot for 70.3 WC in Nice, but other than that I will only do WTS. I don't know if Kristian will go for the Triple Crown. He seems eager, but as with me he's highest ambitions are with the world series.[/quote]
Awesome! Will be even more exciting to follow Nice now

808 > NYC > PDX
2019: Honu, IMC, IMMD, IMAZ
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, I just checked his Instagram account.... he doesn't have the stereotypical itu physique at all... gives new hope all round!



natethomas wrote:
Those runs are amazing, especially considering how Blu is built. Iden looks more like a runner but Blu ‘s body type reminds me of Chris Solinsky, who had the American 10k record at one point at just under 27 minutes. I want both of these guys to do more 70.3 races!!

I’m doing IM Norway in June - maybe they will do the 70.3 event, which is held the same day.
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Dec 8, 18 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
You're right, I just checked his Instagram account.... he doesn't have the stereotypical itu physique at all... gives new hope all round!



natethomas wrote:
Those runs are amazing, especially considering how Blu is built. Iden looks more like a runner but Blu ‘s body type reminds me of Chris Solinsky, who had the American 10k record at one point at just under 27 minutes. I want both of these guys to do more 70.3 races!!

I’m doing IM Norway in June - maybe they will do the 70.3 event, which is held the same day.

Blu has the perfect physique for IM racing. He's heavy enough to bike really well and runs so fast with his relative "heaviness". This guy is going to be aweome when he tackles cool weather IM's and it's going to be interesting to see what he also does at hot weather races. ITU has him down at 77 kilos so pretty "heavy"
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Gratulerer så mye.
Det var moro å vokne opp klokken 5 for å følge der.
Jeg er utrolig imponert.

Thanks a lot for sharing files. I think you just burned the negative people.
Some just have problem with fast Norwegians.
Bergen Power

Member of Valhalla Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow 77 kilos!? That can’t be right.

On another note, was it a Norwegian TTT ? ;)
Either these guys are very aero or they were pushing that draft zone. 275ish Watts for one and 264 for Blu. That’s very low for a 1:56 split.


https://twitter.com/mungub
http://benmunguia.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:

Thank you! I will take my qualifying spot for 70.3 WC in Nice

Congrats! Really looking forward to seeing you and Kristian at Nice!

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiden wrote:
bentus wrote:
Cool, thanks for your reply Gustav! And congratulations for your insane race!
But bike power seems a bit low at 280W for 45km/h? Is your powermeter calibrated?

Wish you all the best for the Next Season. Are you going to race 70.3 worlds? Shows that ITU athletes in their prime demolish 70.3.


Yeah, I agree. I did calibrate it before the race today, but it seemed very low. I am really aero, but still lower watt than training when holding same speed in same conditions. I will say that I was not doing as much work on the bike as Kristian, but 12m behind is not that great of an aero benefit.

Congratulations for the awesome race !
To you and your 2 norway teammates.
Will be great to see you in Nice for the 70.3 WC

If roads are good, 45km/h can be done with 280w with a 0.19 CdA.
.19 was Allan Hovda CdA pre-wind tunnel (.175/.18 after), and looking at picture, you can be in that area. So, not really surprising.

You and Casper have nice TT positions, nice medium mantis.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grymt jobbat Gustav! Otroligt bra av er alla! Blir det några fler 70.3 2019?

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Dec 8, 18 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a very fast race! What just happened???
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

If roads are good, 45km/h can be done with 280w with a 0.19 CdA.


don't you think to hold a .19 for 90km, for a guy the size of Blummenfelt is quite a feat ?
Last edited by: marcag: Dec 8, 18 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

If roads are good, 45km/h can be done with 280w with a 0.19 CdA.


don't you think to hold a .19 for 90km, for a guy the size of Blummenfelt is quite a feat ?

I think kristians data is wrong, he says on strava that one pedal was dropping out. Makes sense as his normalzed power is 218, he rode over300w last year.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just rewatching the coverage

Frodo was with Brownlee in a relay team - Frodo is keen to give Patrick some races next year (before Kona)

Bozzone is 5 months post accident now.


The bike course looked super clean and fast - the norwegian athletes looked fantastic
- no wind
- roads look pancake flat and covered in teflon
- no hairpins
- people in aero all day
- women were biking on the right side of the lane near traffic passing in the same direction

There is almost no footage of the men until 1.14 the commentators say that the norwegian men were working together and legally taking turns to sharing time at the front as they had planned before the event. Blu was averaging 47 KMPH at the time. The women were doing 42-43Kmph

The norwegian men look very strong - after 1.51 the leader sits up to another norwegian lead and then at 2.00 another although the camera never panned back to see how close the following athlete was. At 1.52 the commentator say that there appeared to be tactical lead taking.

at 2.13 the men are back on the motorway with a lane of passing traffic but not too much - not sure how mujch difference that made here, but its one of the factors attributed the fast english TT times are attributed to havig courses next to the motorway

at 2.23 theres a mens pass - and it looks very clean! no legbal advantagbe sought
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casper Stornes posted a picture of his power.
297 average
304 NP

Member of Valhalla Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Baharain will see a Norway 1-2-3 ? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was good racing yesterday and the winner was over 11 minutes faster than the year before so I was curious where that was gained.

T2 was a minute longer yesterday which might mean the course changed?

Wind? The commentators said there was almost no wind yesterday which was also shown by the power files. This could be a huge difference if it was windy last year.



_______2017 _____2018____________Difference
swim_ 23.08. _____23.23 (incl. T1)__+0.15
T1 ____1.46______________________-1.46
bike __2.00.58 ___1.56.52_________ - 3.54
T2 ____0.59 ______1.53 ____________+0.54
Run ___1.13.33____1.06.58_________ - 7.35
Overall_ 3.40. 24 __3.29.04________ -11.20
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Dec 9, 18 0:42
Quote Reply

Prev Next