Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Security System DVR Replacement Recommendations
Quote | Reply
The DVR from my security system has gone Tango Uniform. The HDD appears to have died, so I replaced it. The DVR booted OK but wouldn't show all cameras, then slowly degraded from there until the DVR would reboot continually.

I managed to push through the most recent firmware update, now when the DVR boots it locks up on the activation screen when I attempt to enter a password. Swann tech support has been less than worthless. At this point I'm ready to shit can the DVR and get a new one, different brand of course. So for those home security gurus, do you have any recommendations for a replacement DVR? A quick review of Amazon it looks like I could easily swap in a new DVR.

8 channel
cameras powered separably but connect via BNC to DVR

old model is Swann 8-8075.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Security System DVR Replacement Recommendations [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you have a wired system? I ran NightOwl (wired) at my shop,1 TB hard drive. I run an Arlo system here at the house, wireless, everything is stored in the cloud, I've never come close to using my free allowance.

No complaints about either system.

I think I saw a 4 camera NightOwl setup at WalMart on black friday for $150 or something like that.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Security System DVR Replacement Recommendations [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We use March Networks monitored via Chubb/Edwards.

They are bomber having said that we are an FI, so deep pockets. Not sure if they make a residential model.

Maurice
Quote Reply