Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arkansas Drivers
Quote | Reply
I’m not know for longish post but I wanted to reach out to a few people who I meet today:

If you want to know how bad Arkansas drivers are just ride a bike on any road in the state. During my 4 hour bike wind blown suck -fest today I got to meet several and a few deserve a shout out!

1. Deer Hunter#1 who stopped in the middle of the road: Yes, I saw the deer too. I could see the hair on your back bristle and your blaze orange ball cap tingle looking like my dog when he is on point but did you really need to stop our Monster Truck in the middle of the road to look at a deer eating grass? Yes that was me passing you, the skinny guy wearing sissy pants on a bike and I know you have killed thousands of them but dude its just a deer.

2. Deer Hunter #2. Just because your Big O’ Truck can pull a trailer with your 4W drive buggy on it at 80mph doesn’t mean you should. If your running late to the deer stand next time stay off Farmersonly.com late night and you will not over sleep.

3. Blond Lady on her phone and doing her hair: Mama I do appreciate the effort you are putting into looking good. Lord knows we need more of that but doing it while driving downhill around a curve with no hands on the wheel and almost hitting me is a but much.

4. The Pulaski County Road Department: Thank you sirs for paving every damn inch of road in the county with chip and seal. I know you did this out of concern for my training, thinking that bumpy roads will help. I can report that 10 zillion bumps in your roads were felt straight up my b-hole. Mission accomplished.

5. Crazy dude with a lazy eye. Thank you kind sir for offering me a ride. Despite that Deliverance look on your face I know your intentions were pure. See the bike thing under me has wheels so no thank you. I can get myself home.

Honorable mention:

1. Mother Nature. Thank you for the crosswinds today. It was because of Jesus and me white knuckling my handle bars that I didn’t crash.

2. Portly Lady in her front yard who waived at me. Madam I know you bought your clothes and have every right to wear them but coochie-cutter shorts and a tiny tank top, while being a bold fashion statement is brave, looking like 240lbs of chewed bubble gum rapped up in dental floss was so 1980’s.
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What part of AR? I'm in NWA. Yes, very windy today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's gotta be a site where those drivers post about cyclists and I wanna see it!
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonathan22 wrote:
What part of AR? I'm in NWA. Yes, very windy today.

Central Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
There's gotta be a site where those drivers post about cyclists and I wanna see it!

Now that would be funny!
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
You think you’re joking don’t you...
https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/finding-mr-x/

#straya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures of yourself and them for comparison?
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, long read but worth it to understand how Facebook is misused to rile up the mob...really a microcosm of the world today.

Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

You think you’re joking don’t you...
https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/finding-mr-x/

#straya
That's an interesting article, I've seen that petition BS pop up here and there. It always looked fishy to me and now I know why.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That article is about just one of many (I'm not going to do them the dignity of searching). Aussie bogans (roughly equivalent to rednecks) who think that the roads are for cars and that bicycles shouldn't be there (either for their own sake or because the bicycles are dangerous to them. Somehow. Or slowing them down and ruining their lives). It's amazing how small minded people can be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will second this. Australia hates cyclists.

That being said, I am sure that the attitude of a few people who stayed up watching the TDF once and think that they are Cadel Evans hasn't helped. But I can't remember a week going by where I wasn't abused at least once for daring to ride a bicycle. It's unbelievably depressing.

I'm lucky to say that I've only been hit once in Australia while riding, but I know it's just a matter of time until it happens again. A friend of mine has been hit twice, both times by drivers doing stupid things against the road rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:

4. The Pulaski County Road Department: Thank you sirs for paving every damn inch of road in the county with chip and seal. I know you did this out of concern for my training, thinking that bumpy roads will help. I can report that 10 zillion bumps in your roads were felt straight up my b-hole. Mission accomplished.

For most of my post, my eyes couldn't roll any further back in my head than they did during this subtle brag, but this one takes the cake. Just to be clear - the roads were already paved but you chose to still ride on them and THEN complain about them? That's the equivalent of taking a job and then bitching to everyone about how little you get paid.

Every state has bad drivers whether you're a fellow commuter or a cyclist. Most don't feel the need to document it. And I'm guessing that there are far more drivers complaining about bad cyclists than the other way around.
Last edited by: MKATC: Dec 3, 18 4:46
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [MKATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MKATC wrote:
Scottxs wrote:

For most of my post, my eyes couldn't roll any further back in my head than they did during this subtle brag, but this one takes the cake. Just to be clear - the roads were already paved but you chose to still ride on them and THEN complain about them? That's the equivalent of taking a job and then bitching to everyone about how little you get paid.

Every state has bad drivers whether you're a fellow commuter or a cyclist. Most don't feel the need to document it. And I'm guessing that there are far more drivers complaining about bad cyclists than the other way around.

Dude calm down. It was humorous, and yes this did happen even though the descriptions were a little exaggerated. There was no complaining about it. The roads are what they are. If I can make a small recommendation? Drink less coffee, get a sense of humor and take yourself less serious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great except Arkansas drivers are usually pretty good, especially compared to the neighbors in flatter states who have apparently never driven on hilly or curvy roads before they come to Arkansas.

I hope you can see the humor in your complaint about the guy slowing you down by stopping in the road. Perhaps next you'll lobby for farming equipment to be banned from the roads too.
Quote Reply
Re: Arkansas Drivers [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
That's great except Arkansas drivers are usually pretty good, especially compared to the neighbors in flatter states who have apparently never driven on hilly or curvy roads before they come to Arkansas.

I hope you can see the humor in your complaint about the guy slowing you down by stopping in the road. Perhaps next you'll lobby for farming equipment to be banned from the roads too.

Hmmm that might be a good idea...….just kidding. He didn't slow me down. He became a road hazard to the cars backed up behind him.
Quote Reply