Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized (S-Works) Seat Clamp
Quote | Reply
I'm putting together a new bike (2018 S-Works Venge Vias Disc) and purchased a "Specialized Power Elite". Today I tried installing it and can't get the saddle to stay in position firmly. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have the wrong clamp/saddle rail combo? Are there multiple clamp sizes on these bikes?

I believe this is the clamp I have:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/anodized-clamp-79mm/p/130890?color=219989-130890

Here are some pictures. Even with the bolt torqued down the saddle still rocks forward and backward within the clamp (the clamp itself isn't rocking)

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized (S-Works) Seat Clamp [cbr shadow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're using the wrong clamps. Those are for oval carbon rails. You need to use the clamps labelled for alloy, which are round rails. You should either have it as spare parts that came with the bike or your specialized LBS or online should be able to help you get some.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized (S-Works) Seat Clamp [Montster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Montster wrote:
You're using the wrong clamps. Those are for oval carbon rails. You need to use the clamps labelled for alloy, which are round rails. You should either have it as spare parts that came with the bike or your specialized LBS or online should be able to help you get some.

Sweet! I'm glad to know the solution haha. Much appreciated. I purchased the frame used, so this is the clamp it came with. I'll talk to a dealer about getting a standard one.
Quote Reply