Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro Empire SLX sizing
Quote | Reply
My foot measures 27.5 cm with socks. Size charts suggest a 43 would be bang on. Just wondering whether to order the 43 or go up to 43.5 which is a foot measurement of 28cm. FYI I have a narrow flat foot and like a snug fit. Any advice is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Empire SLX sizing [skinnyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair. True to the size 44 I wear in every bike shoe I own
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am size 8.5US. According to the size chart, a 9 is a 42. I got the 42’s and they were small. My toes were touching the front. Returned them today and ordered 44 which is a US 10.5

Get it a size bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a 45.5 in Sidi, Shimano and Gaerne and a 45 fits me fine in the Giro
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Empire SLX sizing [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
I am size 8.5US. According to the size chart, a 9 is a 42. I got the 42’s and they were small. My toes were touching the front. Returned them today and ordered 44 which is a US 10.5

Get it a size bigger.

42 to 44 is a huge jump? Were they really THAT small? I'm a 9 US, and ordered the 42.5. I'm going to be really disappointed tomorrow when they arrive and don't fit :( I was thinking a 43 or 43.5 then?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Empire SLX sizing [TriangleIL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriangleIL wrote:
KingMidas wrote:

Get it a size bigger.

42 to 44 is a huge jump? Were they really THAT small? I'm a 9 US, and ordered the 42.5. I'm going to be really disappointed tomorrow when they arrive and don't fit :( I was thinking a 43 or 43.5 then?

I was disappointed. Especially since they don’t have the red ones in 44 and had to settle for the white one and a $10 shipping charge to boot.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Empire SLX sizing [TriangleIL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriangleIL wrote:
KingMidas wrote:

Get it a size bigger.

Keep me posted
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the ACC not SLX but they are almost identical. I was previously on Shimano 43 and after I exchanged a pair ended up with size 44 for the Giro. Size 43 was definitely small. By the way my foot is 27. 0 no socks.. Measured recently when I bought a pair of Lake.

skinnyguy wrote:
My foot measures 27.5 cm with socks. Size charts suggest a 43 would be bang on. Just wondering whether to order the 43 or go up to 43.5 which is a foot measurement of 28cm. FYI I have a narrow flat foot and like a snug fit. Any advice is appreciated.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Empire SLX sizing [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is the ACC a cooler more ventilated shoe? The material on the SLX is thick and absorbs sweat and water.

trailerhouse wrote:
I have the ACC not SLX but they are almost identical. I was previously on Shimano 43 and after I exchanged a pair ended up with size 44 for the Giro. Size 43 was definitely small. By the way my foot is 27. 0 no socks.. Measured recently when I bought a pair of Lake.

skinnyguy wrote:
[/quote]
Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply