Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off
Quote | Reply
I have this beast of a backpack, and it's awesome. I've used a variety of packs for transition bags over the years: dry bags, transition packs, plain backpacks. This thing is the best out there. Right now I'm carrying it everyday to work as my gym back pack. It's got a nice pocket in front to hold a helmet and a plenty of room and compartments for all your stuff.

If you're still using a 5 gallon bucket (like I used to when I started and also thought made me a genius), it's big enough that it will probably fit your bucket inside.

The only downside is that the bag is HUGE. But I will say that once you realize its functionality, it's well worth it.

Also, 40% and free shipping is as good of a discount as you'll see.

I just got the email with the discount code: %TRANSITION40

Here's mine at my office right now.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a helluva nice backpack... but!

The WTC races kinda killed the market for transition bags. If you only have your morning clothes bag to work with - this thing would never fit. For any event that does not use bags my $16 Chinese made XL duffel bag + a plastic WTC bag inside used for wet clothes that folds 100% flat works just fine.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my take: not because it's called transition backpack that it should be limited to transition usage. should be called "mylife" backpack : )

i need something like that to put my daily swim / gym / run / food / lights / shampoo etc/ whatever else in it. for me those bags are never too big. a must-have, i think.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:
my take: not because it's called transition backpack that it should be limited to transition usage. should be called "mylife" backpack : )

i need something like that to put my daily swim / gym / run / food / lights / shampoo etc/ whatever else in it. for me those bags are never too big. a must-have, i think.

Agreed 100%. And sure, a cheap bag will work. I've used those for years. But we're triathletes and in many cases we're willing to pay a bit more for quality stuff. This bag is the bomb.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2XU back pack and think all transition bags are pretty similar. BUT, I like this DeSoto bag a lot because it has a holder for the bike pump. I hate to walk around holding the pump in the morning. It's a brilliant idea!!!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet this bag isn't big enough to hold all of the useless Ironman bags I've gotten over the years ;) I'd gladly trade them all (except for my Kona bag) for this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this bag, its worth every penny IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all of you for your very kind words about the De Soto Transition Pack V8™

The Transition Pack™ is larger than in looks when it is not packed full. It is volume is 4000 cubic inches (65 liters). The 7 previous versions are still are still being used and enjoyed triathletes worldwide. WTC did not kill the market for triathlon bags, they have helped people learn the different between the quality they give away and the quality you pay for when you buy the De Soto Transition Pack V8™

We gave it the name when we created the first version in 1994. The name came from its ability carry all your triathlon gear and to be hung on the transition rack right next to your bike.

The same name has been adopted by many brands, just like tissues are called Kleenex, and sterile adhesive strips are called Band-aid, but only one company can claim to be the first. We are that company.

It is on sale for 40% today only. The code is in the original post.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Nov 29, 18 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used this bag for the first time at Waco, it works well. I placed it on the ground, when emptied (mostly), under my back wheel when bike was racked. Official checking bike spaces/racking said it fit just fine. Built to last a long time. At sale price, I highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave. Code is valid through today (friday)

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Andre Bennatan wrote:

Agreed 100%. And sure, a cheap bag will work. I've used those for years. But we're triathletes and in many cases we're willing to pay a bit more for quality stuff. This bag is the bomb.

I've been looking for a new daily carry backpack. It seems like there would be plenty of space but how would this handle carrying a business laptop in a addition to workout stuff? Are there separate compartments to keep everything organized? The photo's make it look like its just one bit cavernous duffel, which I'm not sure would be ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Andre Bennatan wrote:

I use mine as my go to bag for travel. Both carry on and checked. Holds . . .everything, easy to cart around for obvious reasons, durable and easy to store. Only time I don’t use it is when I need to take a suit or something which is infrequent.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

The WTC races kinda killed the market for transition bags. If you only have your morning clothes bag to work with - this thing would never fit. For any event that does not use bags my $16 Chinese made XL duffel bag + a plastic WTC bag inside used for wet clothes that folds 100% flat works just fine.

i use my transition bag for all races other than the full. but now that i see you're approach i'll not replace mine and use a similar approach. who needs fancy!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [BabaBooey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an earlier version of this that's many, many years old - probably 8 years or so. It's been used extensively for races but also as my go-to bag for many workouts in other places (like, when I do any workout that doesn't start from my house). I've also found it to be an excellent travel bag (even for non-sports related travel) because it is easy to carry, it easily fits in overhead storage, while being able to hold a lot of stuff including your laptop and other electronic stuff. When I travel to a race by air, I put all my valuables in there (laptop, phone, Garmins, chargers and cables, bike shoes, helmet and various other things that are a pain or expensive to replace), as well as other items that I need during the travel day itself. Point being - I think it's an excellent bag for much more use besides just races.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at these guys (https://shop.highsierra.com/backpacks/) for travel. Cheap, hold electronics in a secure way, TSA approved, everything except for the aero helmet fits if you need to use it to haul gear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have what I think is V7. Great pack that will last forever like everything else De Soto. But I would never use for everyday use, mostly because the straps may be the one flaw-very little padding. Not sure if that improved in V8. Regardless, this is a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I have what I think is V7. Great pack that will last forever like everything else De Soto. But I would never use for everyday use, mostly because the straps may be the one flaw-very little padding. Not sure if that improved in V8. Regardless, this is a winner.

The V8 has very nicely padded straps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

What do you mean WTC races killed the market for transition bags? Are they not allowed for IM events?

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: De Soto just put their V8 transition backpack on sale 40% off [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course they are allowed. But because they are too bulky for the morning clothes bags, using them to carry your gear to the race the morning of the race is not practical. You want something that folds flat and can be easily shoved into the morning clothes plastic bag along with your change of clothes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rats! I missed this deal. Just decided to retire my tattered Tyr bag I got at the expo in Kona in 2015.
Quote Reply