Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VA tells Capitol Hill it won't repay underpaid GI Bill benefits recipients [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
bradword wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trump does not care about the troops, but trump supporters will support him anyway and pretend he does.

Do you actually use your brain or is every issue in the known universe Trump's fault?

Umm, the VA is run by the president. He can bitch and moan about Canada being mean, but can't get the VA to do what they promised veterans? Maybe the un-appointed heads of the VA down at Mara-lago aren't the best way to run the VA?

"The VA is run by the president." Do you really believe that?

So that leaves Barrack Obama personally responsible for the opioid abuse by the VA and resulting deaths between 2011 and 2015, right?

You’d have to pick something else to pin on Obama. The opioid crisis exists in the VA and outside and is largely a consequence of the fragmented healthcare system that we have that allows people to shop until a doctor gives them what they want. Many vets use healthcare services outside the VA.

Right now, we have no way to stop people from going from one place to another until they get their prescription.

Ironically, switching to Cerner is likely going to make things worse as overall the current EHR used by the VA (vista) is far superior.
Quote Reply
Re: VA tells Capitol Hill it won't repay underpaid GI Bill benefits recipients [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
bradword wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trump does not care about the troops, but trump supporters will support him anyway and pretend he does.

Do you actually use your brain or is every issue in the known universe Trump's fault?

Umm, the VA is run by the president. He can bitch and moan about Canada being mean, but can't get the VA to do what they promised veterans? Maybe the un-appointed heads of the VA down at Mara-lago aren't the best way to run the VA?

"The VA is run by the president." Do you really believe that?

So that leaves Barrack Obama personally responsible for the opioid abuse by the VA and resulting deaths between 2011 and 2015, right?

You’d have to pick something else to pin on Obama. The opioid crisis exists in the VA and outside and is largely a consequence of the fragmented healthcare system that we have that allows people to shop until a doctor gives them what they want. Many vets use healthcare services outside the VA.

Right now, we have no way to stop people from going from one place to another until they get their prescription.

Ironically, switching to Cerner is likely going to make things worse as overall the current EHR used by the VA (vista) is far superior.

I’m not pinning anything on Obama. I’m pointing out what an asinine statement that is.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: VA tells Capitol Hill it won't repay underpaid GI Bill benefits recipients [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t disagree with that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next