Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up. I LOVE QR and partner with them, but the bike box has an issue.
The plastic lip is not strong enough and after time, the plastic will break around the screw heads and the box will come off.
I made a "plate" of very thin aluminum to fit in the track and drilled holes for the screws. Basically a big thin washer plate.
No issues since.

LOVE THE BIKE!

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
(I have a DA and if I was giving up 20 watts it would explain some of my slow bike splits! Ha)

Yeah, I have a massively optimized DA, and with the conflicting data I'm sort in a constant state of shizophrenia wondering whether I should pick up a P5 or SC and swap all the parts over. Or whether I'm basically fine as-is.
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jrielley wrote:
(I have a DA and if I was giving up 20 watts it would explain some of my slow bike splits! Ha)

Yeah, I have a massively optimized DA, and with the conflicting data I'm sort in a constant state of shizophrenia wondering whether I should pick up a P5 or SC and swap all the parts over. Or whether I'm basically fine as-is.

We're brothers from another mother, as I contemplate this almost on the daily.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh! Sorry....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Would it be possible to get more photos? That teaser alludes to quite the looker.

Sure, here ya go (extensions are just fit placeholders... I haven't cut down the ones we are going to use yet.) Note that all the cables/wires are installed in that photo except the TT shifters (and cables obviously not trimmed yet at the calipers).. everything is internal except the bare cable running to the front caliper and a short bit of cable running to the rear under the BB.

Last edited by: gregtay: Nov 30, 18 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I like that a lot. Nice choice on pairing it with the One and that colour, man, it looks good on that rig.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jrielley wrote:

Same! The closest thing we have seen to bike vs. bike data was the aero shootout. Obviously Kylie's data is individual for him but assuming optimization on your DA I assume it would be faster than the B2 in his test which doesn't put it that far behind the other bikes. And to me it is not worth the $5k+ I would need to spend on a bike that is "for sure" faster. It also helps that I do not have that $5k either! Ha.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Wow! I like that a lot. Nice choice on pairing it with the One and that colour, man, it looks good on that rig.

Thanks, Wife is happy. She is just getting into this sport and somehow I think she ended up with a better looking bike than me! We were just going to get her something basic but QR was selling that bike for less than $3k and I couldn't say no. Tossed a little more money at it with the Tririg and used di2 parts I had laying around and ended up with a really nice setup. The Alpha One really matched up with the QR nicely.. almost like they were made for each other (I was hoping it would work out the way it did but when I ordered everything I wasn't sure how it was all going to fit.) QR should just dump their Six aerobar and call up Nick and sell their bikes with his bar.

Last edited by: gregtay: Nov 30, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a really slick setup!

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really love your wife. I hope she knows this! 😜
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use ski bends!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: I pulled the trigger on a PRsix [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The plan was to use a set of Gamma Ones but we are still testing to see what is most comfy for her. May end up with a tradition skibend as she seems to prefer not bending her wrist.

Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
You really love your wife. I hope she knows this! 😜
Ha.. well YES... after 14 years I am still crazy in love with her. And she has supported me for over 10 years in this crazy sport with me always planning life around training and racing (it was very rough in the beginning... but we have figured out a balance.). She has put up with vacations that were really just destination races, a garage full of bikes, shoes, gear, my training schedule and dragging our kids around the course to cheer. She has been a gym rat for a while but this year decided to give this sport a try and it didn’t take much to get me all in. She said if she was going to do it she wanted to at least look good out there (I guess she already figured this sport out) and it didn’t take much for me to go all in to support her with some gear. Now she is addicted to Zwift and she plans to race Honu in 2020 as her first long race. 😊 I think she is going to kick ass at this sport.

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
She said if she was going to do it she wanted to at least look good out there

First date out with my wife, I closed the deal when I said: it's not how good you are, it's how good you look doing it.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply

Prev Next