https://medium.com/...builder-ac374bb0ac29

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Last edited by: ABarnes: Nov 29, 18 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QFT (and also LOL):
Quote:
apart from the observation that the most terrifying part of a straight man’s day appears to be the three seconds between removing one’s towel and pulling up one’s underwear

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a former philosophy major once told me, "You can over think this stuff."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

:-)

Forget Camus and SaRtre (sorry I'm french :-)

Later Lacan is much more helpful : “Desire is situated in dependence on demand – which, by being articulated in signifiers, leaves a metonymic remainder that runs under it, an element that is not indeterminate, which is a condition both, absolute and unapprehensible, an element necessarily lacking, unsatisfied, impossible, misconstrued, (méconnu), an element that is called desire” (Seminar XI, p.154).

http://nosubject.com/Desire
http://www.lacanonline.com/...an-say-about-desire/
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

apart from the observation that the most terrifying part of a straight man’s day appears to be the three seconds between removing one’s towel and pulling up one’s underwear

That totally depends on the age of the men involved

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Quote:

That totally depends on the age of the men involved

Very familiar with that cartoon. And being both Euro *and* middle-aged, solidly count me in the second group. Except for the hairdryer thing. That's just weird.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Forget Camus and SaRtre (sorry I'm french :-)

Yeah, if someone else hadn't corrected it, I would have

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but with Lacan it's always about desire and libidinal search for the Other. I try to keep Freud out of any training plan!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
Except for the hairdryer thing. That's just weird.

If you've got a hairdryer out, it's silly not to use it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Counterpoint: Lacanian theory is a rabbit hole of epic proportions, forget ever making sense to anyone else.

Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Later Lacan is much more helpful : “Desire is situated in dependence on demand – which, by being articulated in signifiers, leaves a metonymic remainder that runs under it, an element that is not indeterminate, which is a condition both, absolute and unapprehensible, an element necessarily lacking, unsatisfied, impossible, misconstrued, (méconnu), an element that is called desire” (Seminar XI, p.154).

http://nosubject.com/Desire
http://www.lacanonline.com/...an-say-about-desire/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
but with Lacan it's always about desire and libidinal search for the Other. I try to keep Freud out of any training plan!

Can you please correct the spelling of Sartre's name in the thread title???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Satre have been brought up here [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, very complex, especially as, searching, he changed his mind several times on several subject.

But when studied with some help and distance, it become clear, and very helpful. But it did take few years of work...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:

Hello

Desire for Lacan (at least later Lacan) is not "desire" classic definition, sex, libidinal search, or whatever in this direction.
Desire as described by Lacan does not exist in Freud theory.
Desire as described by Lacan is THE major item added by Lacan to the Freud theory.

Desire is the direction / trace of subject inner aspiration, in competition with :
Freudian fantasy / identification (binding the subject)
social environment (binding the subject)

Both "desire" & "fantasy / identifications" being initially crafted by contacts with Others (other peoples structuring the child mental environment)
Social environment continuously crafted by... the others

When Sartre says "Hell is other peoples" (in "Huis Clos"), in fact it seems it mean more "Hell is O/others", talking more about introjected judgement.

When training, or racing, your are probably relating to real inner aspiration or identification or social pressure. Hopefully first one, desire. May be you succeeded in keeping Freud out, but hopefully not Lacan :-)

Sorry, struggling to translate psychoanalytical terms to english. In english, more used to "crank", "stem", "HIIT" "keto-adaptation" and "glycogen depletion"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spectacular, thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
excellent!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Sartre have been brought up here [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anne - Thanks for adding the r in Sartre. I feel so much better now. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Sartre have been brought up here [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for pointing out the error!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's been awhile since Camus and Sartre have been brought up here [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colateral philosophical thoughts .. acting is the ability to make differences from the etenity of a now .. the now is able to limit eternity with doing an act .. desire is doing .. sampling memory for reflection changes the memory, not the past ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply