Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the new Fizik tri shoes? I wear bontragers and have been fairly happy with them . No blisters , chaffing etc... but my feet tend to go numb sometimes. My feet are kinda on the wider side . Was thinking maybe thats why.
The shoes are pretty sweet looking but damn pricey.
Quote Reply
Re: FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1 [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fizik is not fot those of us with wider feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just don't get tri shoes with dual boa closure. Where are the time savings and benefits compared to road shoes? plush liner for sockless biking? is that all?
Quote Reply
Re: FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1 [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
Fizik is not fot those of us with wider feet.

My feet are reasonably wide (11 E on running shoes), and I used 2 Fizik models for several years without any issues :
Road R3 (from 2014)
MTB model, entry level (from 2015, do not remember the name)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Fizik tri shoes? I wear bontragers and have been fairly happy with them . No blisters , chaffing etc... but my feet tend to go numb sometimes. My feet are kinda on the wider side . Was thinking maybe thats why.

We got them into the shop I work at. Absolutely beautiful and incredibly comfortable. I haven't been able to wear Fizik shoes in the past because they are too narrow but these seem to have a different last, possibly. And I think the knit was awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1 [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Fizik tri shoes?

We got them into the shop I work at. Absolutely beautiful and incredibly comfortable. I haven't been able to wear Fizik shoes in the past because they are too narrow but these seem to have a different last, possibly. And I think the knit was awesome.

Any comparison to other popular brands? My Giro Factors this year were too narrow. Shimano has treated me well, but I really like the looks of the new Fiziks.
Quote Reply
Re: FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1 [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Fizik tri shoes?

Any comparison to other popular brands? My Giro Factors this year were too narrow. Shimano has treated me well, but I really like the looks of the new Fiziks.

Probably more in line with Giro than Shimano. I generally find Giro a little narrow and Shimano fits nicely, but these Fiziks, without socks felt great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

Nice. Ive got several bike shops but no dedicated tri shop in my area so gonna be hard to try on a pair first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread again -
Do you see much difference in the R3 and R1?
Is there any difference between them other than the knit and dual BoA? Is the internal comfort and materials the same?
Quote Reply
Re: FIZIK TRANSIRO INFINITO R1 [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keepdrilling wrote:
Bumping this thread again -
Do you see much difference in the R3 and R1?
Is there any difference between them other than the knit and dual BoA? Is the internal comfort and materials the same?

I haven't tried the R1 but I can't imagine theres much of a fit difference. You might be able to get a better fit towards the top on the R1 since it has the dual boa. And there might be a little difference in the width since the R1 is knit and has more give. I know on the road R1 I can feel a difference in width between the standard version and the knit version. Money aside, I'd go for the R1 for the knit.
Quote Reply