Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chapter2 road bikes.. anyone with experience?
Quote | Reply
Looking at the Tere rim brake as a possibility. Wondering if anyone is riding one of these newer company rides?

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Chapter2 road bikes.. anyone with experience? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most people i know who have them like em, i can't comment myself though. Getting quite popular here in NZ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the guys in my club got a Rere disc a month or so back after a crash snapped his Giant frame. Admittedly a different geometry, but he reckoned it was as described - fast in a straight line, but also took a bit of getting used to as was twitchy too. Frame looks very smart, and at least on that frame it's well thought out as he'd have mentioned if it was flexy in the wrong places. He's a quick rider and puts some power into it so I'd say you can have fair faith that you're buying quality.
Quote Reply
Re: Chapter2 road bikes.. anyone with experience? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for input. I would expect the Rere to be a bit twitchy, like any bike made mostly to ride fast in a straight line. The Tere looks like a bit more all around and likely a bit more stable. Just wish they were using direct mount brakes on their rim bikes!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread but I don't find any other ones on Chapter2 bikes. I'm looking at the Rere vs. Orbea Orca Aero. Anybody have any other experiences with Chapter2 bikes since 2018?
Quote Reply
Re: Chapter2 road bikes.. anyone with experience? [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjgwoody wrote:
I know this is an old thread but I don't find any other ones on Chapter2 bikes. I'm looking at the Rere vs. Orbea Orca Aero. Anybody have any other experiences with Chapter2 bikes since 2018?

My buddy bought two of them on black friday sales. Loves them. Nice bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Chapter2 AO frameset! Looks beautiful, but shimano is back ordered on the GRX parts I'm building it with... so its still in the box unfortunately. I'll definitely be back on this thread as soon as I get on the bike though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No direct experience, but Zwift did a project with them - both the Tere and Rere are in Zwift - and I was impressed with what i saw internally. I think you can glean a reasonable amount of information from the way in which brands present themselves in business dealings, and I'd say I was impressed enough that I'd have no reservations about recommending them as a brand based on what I saw. I know it's not the same as direct experience from a user, but I wanted to add my own experience, for as much and as little as it's worth. The founder has a pretty extensive track record in manufacturing - it's Neil Pryde's son. Again, take that as context.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Chapter2 road bikes.. anyone with experience? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Quote Reply