Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah clearly I don’t get it. I did enjoy the badwater race on YouTube, I can’t remember the name of it but it was inspiring. I am having trouble getting inspired by this chicks exploits.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lesson for RD's on these ultra slow events.. use armbands instead of timing mat's for course completion verification
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Lesson for RD's on these ultra slow events.. use armbands instead of timing mat's for course completion verification

Or unique pages from a book matching your bib #.

I don't think we'll see any "fitness stars" from the IG universe taking over the Barkley anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I heard awful weather caused unplanned course changes. There was non stop rain and extremely cold unexpected weather. Open water lake swims were no longer safe because of the rain/cold so RDs had to improvise and find pools for the swims, the course also had to change due to the rain. Like I said I wasn't there but from talking with several people who were it was all the changes to the course that caused complications. Not sure how this course setup ended up but the races ive done have had timing mats at each far end so that theres no way to cheat.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Last edited by: chuy: Nov 26, 18 9:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The run was a 1 mile out and back. For a deca Ironman .... that's a lot of armbands and colors :)

synthetic wrote:

Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think it was ever supposed to be a lake swim. My coach was trying to round up volunteers more than a month before and they were already talking about pool swims.

She also said they miscounted her swim laps, and told her watches don’t work, so she ended up swimming an extra 3 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the 1x10 and 1x5 it was supposed to be lake and changed halfway through. Continuous is always in a pool which is what she did. And i doubt they messed up her swim laps. She is the only athlete complaining about anything anywere. All the other athletes had no issues with lap counting or skipping laps. If she had any lap counts her crew should have been supervising lap count, as they literally had nothing else to do.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is growing legs
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [mdiet22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdiet22 wrote:

It does a lot of squats in between posts.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
mdiet22 wrote:

It craves them.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
mdiet22 wrote:

It craves them.

Fitness is 100% there

Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Fitness is 100% there

I have to aoploize

We're just reusing Ashley's catch-phrases; Alyx deserves better, she deserves her own

I shall endeavor to glean wisdom from HER IG, and use THAT here

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...ecaman-analysis.html

Update to the investigation showing what was basically said all along, she did cheat.

Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
WTF is a "Doctor of Naturopathy"?

I'm guessing she graduated from the University of BS.

This gave me a good laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the link mentions she's a triathlete, and I thought it would be interesting to see what races she has done. Somebody made a huge improvement in her IM times in Taiwan.

A 9:22 IM swim is impressive! (slowest swimmer seemed to have around a 13:00 minute swim). But a one hour improvement on her bike (2,700 feet more climb) AND another hour on her run (700 feet more climb), from a flat Cozumel course in 16 to a hilly Taiwan in 18?

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Last edited by: David_Tris: Dec 4, 18 11:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there for the 1x5 and dropped after the swim on day three. Granted I wasn't there for 10+ days, but in my experience the lap counters on the swim were accurate. I didn't bother wearing my Garmin on the swim as it always credits me for too much distance and I suspect hers did the same thing.

The run and bike timing mats always matched my Garmin and you could not miss the sound when you crossed the mats. They also had a different sound for your last lap and finish. I saw people occasionally riding side by side and chatting but never saw any drafting. I saw a few people sneak on headphones when they weren't supposed to at night, although we were all instructed not to.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was one of the ones swimming at the LA Fitness pool in a full wetsuit! I know it seems crazy, and the first day it was a little warm. After that, we get so weak and dehydrated, plus lose so much body fat, that it is actually comfortable. We are also going slow enough that it is maybe easier to tolerate. A friend who did the continuous quintuple with the 12-mile swim had problems being too warm and said she thought a sleeveless wetsuit would have been better.
Quote Reply
Re: Move aside horner, we have a new player in the game [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those first three times are horrible and then she gets 19th overall among women. When this thread first came out I found myself looking at her ultra running results and they are equally unimpressive. I think she was entering events which were noncompetitive and she would claim a high finish but where actual endurance athletes showed up she was BOP. I cant be bothered to look them up again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next