Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
drluke12 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Has he ever raced against Frodo or Patrick? Is there any kind of consensus on how he would stack Up.

Well, possibly the best way to assess this is comparing him to Matt Russell. Cody beat Matt by 11 minutes in Chatt and Matt finished 6th OA in Kona? That would certainly motivate me to go for a podium level placing in Kona.

I know I said it this past year and then multiple people having crashes and horrible injuries as well as guys like Frodo having to bow out but next year could be wild if everyone gets their healthy.

Isn't it wild? We're discussing next year and spoke about Frodo, Lange, Sanders, McNamee, Cody, and Matt Russell. And nobody even mentioned Javi Gomez and Ali Brownlee.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shameless plug, but I chatted with Frodo's coach in an interview and there is no reason to suspect his hip injury is related to deterioration. Rather some impact injuries from crashing

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean is this really a hot take? There's pretty much always an injury. Also, can assure you Jan is as motivated as ever to be on the line next year

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
drluke12 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Has he ever raced against Frodo or Patrick? Is there any kind of consensus on how he would stack Up.

Well, possibly the best way to assess this is comparing him to Matt Russell. Cody beat Matt by 11 minutes in Chatt and Matt finished 6th OA in Kona? That would certainly motivate me to go for a podium level placing in Kona.

I know I said it this past year and then multiple people having crashes and horrible injuries as well as guys like Frodo having to bow out but next year could be wild if everyone gets their healthy.

Isn't it wild? We're discussing next year and spoke about Frodo, Lange, Sanders, McNamee, Cody, and Matt Russell. And nobody even mentioned Javi Gomez and Ali Brownlee.

Brownlee is pretty much an unknown at that distance, but it would be foolish to count out Gomez. He's had his year of learning what the race is about.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never saw much commentary around Javier's performance. I know it was his first go, but given it was a day made for runners, I can't help but feel a bit surprised. He said he overbiked and paid for it on the run. I wonder what he would have had to bike to run better.

Braden and he were only separated by seconds on the bike, and in Kona Braden had him by 2 min on the bike and ran faster. Granted Braden was in the faster group, and I'm probably extrapolating too much but can't help myself

Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
drluke12 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I'm sure we will lose at least one of those big names to an injury (just the nature of the beast) but holy crap that many big names at the start line next year gives me half a chubby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He gets caught having multiple affairs, gets a divorce, develops a drug addiction, gains 40 pounds, and then the only thing we see from him in the media is him dressed terribly and unshaven rippin ciggies.
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
He gets caught having multiple affairs, gets a divorce, develops a drug addiction, gains 40 pounds, and then the only thing we see from him in the media is him dressed terribly and unshaven rippin ciggies.

Are we talking about Frodo or are you predicting a Lionel relapse......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

oh hell - I would be game for either of those two people having such an epic tiger woods fall out!

OR something like Frodo getting caught with Ryf or something crazy. Slowtwitch minds would be blown
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

oh hell - I would be game for either of those two people having such an epic tiger woods fall out!

OR something like Frodo getting caught with Ryf or something crazy. Slowtwitch minds would be blown

Frodo and Lucy Charles doing some off season "cross training". :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of crosstraining... See that jump on Instagram today?

Link

Does he have a xterra or xgames crown already? 👑
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Speaking of crosstraining... See that jump on Instagram today?

Link

Does he have a xterra or xgames crown already? 👑

That looks a bit much for someone recovering from stress fracture but it is his life. AFAIK, Frodo does not have any Xterra titles. Gomez is the one with Xterra WC but you prob knew that already. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next