Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you are feeling well do you have trouble breathing out of one side of your nose? Hard to believe that thing grew in short order during you flu/sinus infection. One heck of a polyp if that is what it is. The stuff looking like cartilage, like you blew out part of your nasal cartilage or something. I have had a few patients who have had holes in their septum. Did you ever have a broken nose with a big hematoma in there? You will have to update us with what is in there when it all settles down. In 24 years of practice never seen anything like that come out of a nose.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Dec 6, 18 14:54
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping you or one of the other docs would comment.

I sometimes have trouble breathing out of one side. When I get a cold I ALWAYS get nasal blockages, usually just on one side, then both when it gets really bad. I snore quite loudly. My doctor once told me I had very narrow nasal passages, I'm not sure if that may contribute to the problem.

I have never had a broken nose.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your ultimate destination is the ENT surgeon. Don't know if surgery will for sure be advised. Some people repeatedly form polyps but they look like small peas or grapes of a pearly color in the nose. Don't know if they look like that when blown out I have never seen one being blown out.

Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My family doctor put in a request for a consult with a surgeon.

I suspect I'll get a call in around 3-4 years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
My family doctor put in a request for a consult with a surgeon.

I suspect I'll get a call in around 3-4 years.

Around here it is getting to be about 6 months to see the ENT. If you want botox though they can see you in a week! Sigh.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone bother with getting a pathology check on your little guy?
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks straight out of a Body World exhibit. Feel badly for the poor patient who produced that.
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Furiosa wrote:

Absolutely not!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that means you get to keep him forever!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can your GP or a CT of your sinuses? Having that ready to go at the ENT would be a help...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections - do not read if you are squeamish [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not sure but I think I need to consult with the ENT first, then he puts the req in for a CT, then I wait another 3-4 years for that.

Canada's healthcare system is great in so many ways. This is not one of those ways.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Furiosa wrote:

Absolutely not!

Really that surprises me.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of these days I want to sit down and read through Calvin and Hobbes again.

Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you've got some competition, this came up out of some poor guy's lungs recently

Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Neti Pot will clear that right up.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
you've got some competition, this came up out of some poor guy's lungs recently

Flu season isn't over yet and I am highly competitive. Just wait.

Quote Reply
Re: Sinus infections (Now with pictures!) - do not read if you are squeamish [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
A Neti Pot will clear that right up.

When I am even remotely sick, my sinuses are always too blocked to use a neti pot.

Ain't no amoeba getting in to my brain, son!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive!!

Looks to me like you were trying to grow your own Kuato.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next