Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We originally were going to get a Roomba 960, but after reading about the Neato here decided to do a little more research and went with the Neato D5. Plus it was $100 cheaper.

Found out that the Roomba 960 uses the same motor as the 800 series and we do have rooms with carpet. I also like the combo roller on the D5 as to the rubber one on the 960... even if it means that I have to cut my long hair from it on a regular basis (which a cutter is included just for that purpose).

We were easily entertained watching it bumble about as it tried to learn it's way around the house, only having to be rescued once. We ran it again the next day and it seemed to have a better clue of where to go; but it did get hung up again, this time an unused dangling electrical cord got wrapped around it's 'tower'. Not quite ready to let it run unattended, but we're running it in Eco mode so it's also not annoying noisy.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [N+1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been looking into them and think I have settled on the D4. I was trying to figure out about how long it took to clean a room or certain sized area. Obviously it depends on several factors but I wasn’t sure if cleaning a say 15x15 room was a 20 min job or 60 min. Just trying to figure out how much will get cleaned off one charge. Do you have any insight?
Quote Reply
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still a robotic vacuum novice, but the first time the D5 ran it took 3 hours to clean ~1,600sf in Eco Mode, which also included learning its way around. It self-docked for a recharge break once during that time and the battery was getting pretty low when it was done. We also emptied the bin while it was recharging and when it was done (no pets until the kid comes to visit next week, mostly my long hair and fine dust). The second time we only ran it for a partial clean and it covered 660sf in a little over an hour, with some battery life still left. We'll probably let it loose again Thursday night and see how it does for another full house run.

TL;DR: Guessing a 15x15 room would take 20-30 minutes and the battery life in Eco Mode seemed spot on for 90 minutes. YMMV

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LSchmitt wrote:
I have been looking into them and think I have settled on the D4. I was trying to figure out about how long it took to clean a room or certain sized area. Obviously it depends on several factors but I wasn’t sure if cleaning a say 15x15 room was a 20 min job or 60 min. Just trying to figure out how much will get cleaned off one charge. Do you have any insight?

We run our Neato on the entire first floor, square footage and time depends on if we leave doors to certain rooms open for it or not. Space caries between 800-1,050 square feet for it to clean and clean times vary from 1:20 to 1:40. Sometimes it takes a charge break in there. I usually only run it while we are gone, but with the laser mapping it can run in the dark. Our bedroom is upstairs so we can run it at night, even in turbo mode, and it doesn't disturb us.
Quote Reply
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up the Neato D7...and WOW it is awesome. Was concerned on the price, but so far (just a few weeks) it has worked flawlessly. They just updated their app and it’s pretty sweet!
Quote Reply
Re: Roomba? What are your experiences [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Does not work well with dog shit!

needs a link
Quote Reply

Prev Next