Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

absoluteBLACK compatibility with Power2Max?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if I can run an AB oval with a Power2Max NGEco (SRAM crank) and still get accurate power readings? Emailed P2M, but haven't heard back yet. Thx.
Quote Reply
Re: absoluteBLACK compatibility with Power2Max? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about this specific combo, but The trainnerroad podcast talked generally about oval rings and crank based power meters. I believe it results in a 3-5% higher power reading than round rings. Coach Chad uses Qrings with a Quarq I think.
Quote Reply
Re: absoluteBLACK compatibility with Power2Max? [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. AB's website says here it's Quarq compatible, but doesn't indicate any other PMs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My SRAM power2max PM does not use the hidden bolt placement like SRAM rings (Quarq does), it uses traditional placement so the hidden bolt on my SRAM ring is no longer hidden. The ring is rotated 180 degrees in relation to the crankarm. Not a problem for round rings but might put the ovality in the wrong spot for you? I dont use oval rings so not sure where the ovality goes (perpendicular to the crank arm or offset a few degrees?). I think the 110BCD 5 bolt non sram ring would work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will it work? Yes.

will it be as accurate? No. It will be off by a couple watts.

So what. As long as you always race/train in the same thing, you are only comparing you to you (unless your a big pecker show off numbers sort of person)
Quote Reply
Re: absoluteBLACK compatibility with Power2Max? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
will it work? Yes.

will it be as accurate? No. It will be off by a couple watts.

So what. As long as you always race/train in the same thing, you are only comparing you to you (unless your a big pecker show off numbers sort of person)

Well if it reads higher as reported and you're a 'big pecker show off numbers type of person' It's a match made in heaven...
Quote Reply