Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congrats to Cervelo
Quote | Reply
Always great to see a Canuck company doing well - congratulations to Gerard and everyone at Cervelo for extending their sponsorship with CSC.

Now don't go forgetting us triathletes...

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree. congratulations.

could i have a free bike please?

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just for the reckord.....two swedish triathlets have sign a sponsor contract with cervelo , J.Colting and B.Andersson

so they havnt forgot us triathlets.................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice for Cervelo, Congratulations !

There was a comment in a the danish bikemagazine "Cykelmotion Danmark", a mag primarily for recreational riders about Team CSC signing new riders such as Basso and Bartoli. The author was very convinced that CSC now would abandon Cervelo and move to another brand like Pinarello because of Basso/Bartoli's Italian connections.

They thought that the only reason for Cervelo being linked to CSC was the

"Very close relationship between Tyler Hamilton and Cervelo - now that Hamilton has left the team i think that CSC has no reason to stay with Cervelo anymore"

Funny ! But he concluded this probably because CSC promptly separated from Look as soon as Jalabert left the team. Jalabert supposedly was the reason for CSC riding Look in the first place.

I meet Tyler Hamilton at the airport just after the deal with Cervelo was made public in 2001( he stood behind me in the check-in line). He was extremely nice to talk to, very polite - outspoken and completely wrecked in his body and face with several stitches and bruises due to the 2 crashes he had at the end of the season.

He mentioned that they where very exited about moving to Cervelo, because the Look frames weighed too much : "they are very nice bikes, but they are just too heavy"

Anyway - I have just "moved" to Cervelo frames myself and will be very exticed to try them out once the salt cleared for the road (in March)
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He mentioned that they where very exited about moving to Cervelo, because the Look frames weighed too much : "they are very nice bikes, but they are just too heavy"

Funny...last time I checked my P3 with frame and fork was about 5lbs. I love Cervelos but I laugh at anyone who says they are lightweight (nix the R2.5)...they are great bikes technically, but their welders love to weld....

...do you think CSC has to wait 8 months to get replacement seatposts that were promised last summer? Anyone get their's yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, thank you Cervelo for just... being there! Praise the lord (gerard)...

Can I have my backstage passes now?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [rogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]just for the reckord.....two swedish triathlets have sign a sponsor contract with cervelo , J.Colting and B.Andersson

so they havnt forgot us triathlets.................[/reply]

They are both in Epic Camp with Gordo Byrn and Scott Molina: [url]http://www.epiccamp.com/EpicNZ04/updates.htm[/url].

Clas already rides a Cervelo P3 [url]http://www.epiccamp.com/EpicNZ04/pix/D2_clas2.jpg[/url]

Why do [url] work in Private messages but not in posts? Both default styles are "Markup and HTML' in my setup!!

I love my One (2002)

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ! That was Tyler Hamiltons [, Hamiltonians, Hamilton, Hamiltonian, Humiliations, Hamlets, Humiliates] words - not mine !

Anyway i agree that the aluminum Cervelos [, Cerebellum, Cripples, Carboloy, Corvallis, Cheerful, Carbolic] are not lightweight frames, but i like that. When you weigh approx [, approach, apprise, appraise, apprised, appears, apricot] . 88 kgs [key, kay, ku, kiowa] in race shape (100 kgs [key, kay, ku, kiowa] off season ). Well - then you prefer sturdy and reliable frames over fragile lightweight stuff where you constantly worry about possible failures.

And yes, I am also waiting on my seatpost [, stiffest, steepest, stuffiest, stepwise, stoppage, setback] , but I only got my P3 and Soloist 3 weeks ago. Cervelo [, Cerebellum, Carboloy, Cheerful, Cripple, Curable, Careful] told me they would start shipping in February, which would then be ok [, okay, oak, ox, oz, ooze, owes]
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viking, just curious, are you seeing very many Cervelos in Scandinavia? I'd assume with Colter and Andersson riding them now this could really boost sales.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that about the weight of the P3's. Ijust came from my garage after weighing my bikes. I dusted off the P3 and put on the race wheels. 18 pounds as closely as I could measure. It would be very hard to lighten it. I could use a lighter saddle than the Asoto tri gel with cover. I just renewed your old thread about carbon seat post. I have C2 aerobars, Reynolds aero fork, super light brakes and Dura Ace drive train and shifters connected to Zipp wheels and Speedplay Ti pedals.

I really don't see any way to get this bike below 17.5 pounds. Is anyone doing any better?
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Franke

I thought you lived in pancake flat Florida? Why do you care if your P3 weights 18 lbs or 20lbs? What is the biggest hill there, like 25' elevation? Just kidding...I'm sure you can really hammer on IMLP.

Best Regards,

Mike from hilly NorCal
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to Cervelo [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many Cervelos ? Well, i cannot answer for Sweden where Jonas Colting, Clas Björling and Mr. Andersson has their playground, but in Denmark - absolutly none !

During the last 3 years i have seen 1 p2K ridden by a triathlete who has brought it back from US himself and a employee from the danish distributor rides a Soloist. That is it besides the CSC team riders !

However there are reasons for this:

As i have mentioned earlier a danish bikemagazine "Asphalt" printed a quite bad review of the Soloist in the spring. The magazine is the only danish bikemag. available and everybody read it. When i tell people that i have gotten a Cervelo the reply is " Ooh, the one that got bad reviews in Asphalt?".

They are too expensive as complete bikes. Cervelos are apparently only imported into the country complete with groupsets. Nothing wrong with that - except that when you look at the price of the frameset itself and compare it with the price of the complete bike - then you see that it would be possible to assemble it yourself by excactly identical off-the-shelf components substantially cheaper than the retail price for the complete bike ( about 800USD cheaper ).

The bikes are sold complete with groupsets that dont appeal to danish roadriders - Shimano 105 and Ultegra does not go well with such a expensive frame, people want Dura-Ace or Record.

Cervelo is a unknown quantity here - people dont trust new bikeproducts even if CSC rides them. Here it is all Principia, Pinarello, Bernardi, Fondriest and other italian frames. In Triathlon the new Isaac-Carbon seems to allready be getting a foot-hold. 2 from my triclub has just gotten theirs delivered.

Anyway - that will change now that i have gotten 3 Cervelos for myself ! (P3, Soloist and SuperProdigy). My 2 trainingpartners got a P3 each and a roadrider we know bought a Soloist.

(You do get a nice discount in wintertime - especially on bikes that cannot be sold in the shops !
Quote Reply