Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

culprit Bicycles indigogo
Quote | Reply
Hi ST

Here is the preview page for our campaign.
https://www.indiegogo.com/...ming_soon/x/13290498

We will be launching on pre order next Tuesday. 11/27 Not on black Friday as planned.

So, before you go crazy on other black Friday deals wanted to give you a heads up on the pricing we will offer. All pricing will include free shipping to USA, Europe, Asia
Middle east will have an upcharge due to higher shipping costs.

RAD Rolling Chassis (Frame, fork, seatpost, carbon aero handlebar, (choice of new aero stem or carbon stem), headset, thru axles, Choice of wheels(35G 35 mm 650 B carbon clincher or 50AD 50 mm 700C carbon clinchers)

First 10 can pre order at only 2275 USD
Remaining pre orders at 2435 USD

RAD frameset with bar/stem combo ((Frame, fork, seatpost, carbon aero handlebar, (choice of new aero stem or carbon stem), headset, thru axles)

First 10 can pre order at only 1397 USD
Remaining pre orders at 1496 USD

Wheels will be pre sold as stand alone. Either 35G or 50 AD.
Pre order price is only 940 USD

Bar/stem alone pricing. Still confirming our shipping rates. Then will publish that price soon.

Shipping date will be March/April in 2019

Any questions feel free to ask.

This bike really is the ultimate N+1 or 1 bike replacement.

Hope you back the campaign when its live

Joshua
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 20, 18 22:38
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very happy with the Culprit bike I bought this Spring. It has served me well as a training bike for mountain climbing in Utah. Having 650 wheels was the deal-maker for me, so I hope that you will continue to other “fun-size” individuals like me!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the testament

We are going to build up some 26 inch wheels with road slicks and see how it compares size wise with the junior two. Allowing RAD to possibly be our new Junior Two replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I backed you when you ran the campaign for just the stem. I'm not in the market for a new bike, but would I be able to get just the stem? Also, will it fit a blip box?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we will offer stem only

Still working out shipping prices

Regarding blip box. I dont have one in office as I had during last campaign.
So I really cant say confidently. I will need to visit SRAM to know definitively which I don't have time for this week.

Maybe I can try next week.I have heard rumors that the blip box isn't going away but will get smaller. So, if thats true then should fit in stem. But as currently I am not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doin some shits in law school and the brand’s name makes me feel dizzy..

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doing some shits???

Culprit was chosen for a few reasons

1. My surname is Colp and my friends jokingly called me Culprit til it finally stuck
2. We were breaking the rules when we launched. ie first light/ highly spec'd junior bikes/ First disc brake aero road bike in 2013 and first Tri disc brake bike in 2014. So the play on words of being guilty of innovation was one reason
3. Finding a brand name that can be registered globally is not easy today. This name was unsurprisingly not claimed.

So, I do hope you can understand the reasons for the name and find enjoyment in it.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2011 Cervelo S2 and wanted to clean up my front-end a bit to get the cables out of the air. It's got a 110mm -6 degree FSA stem on it right now, and 44cm bars. Mechanical shifting as well. Your aero stem and bars are interesting, but I'm struggling with determining if you have an option that would allow me the same stack/reach as I have right now. Would your stem give me the same setup?
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will be a little lower

Stem is a -10 degrees. will offer in 90-120 mm

Here is the unique feature. the aerobar attaches to the bar bore. So with our drop bar, which has no extra clamping area, you get a super clean front end.

BTW, our new bar is reach 85 mm, drop 130 mm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The gravel frame can fit a 700x50mm or 650bx35mm tire, is that correct? That seems very small from the 650b standpoint.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex

Frame fits 700C x 45 mm
650 B fits 2.1 inch. I have some 2.2 touring slicks in there now that are a bit tight but havent rubbed yet

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the 650b "35" measure is rim depth, as is the 700c "50", for the wheelsets.
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct

35 mm is the rim depth. 650 B rim is 35 mm deep, width of 30 mm with internal measurement of 24 mm . tubeless ready, offset rim design

700C rim is pictured.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Alex

Frame fits 700C x 45 mm
650 B fits 2.1 inch. I have some 2.2 touring slicks in there now that are a bit tight but havent rubbed yet

Joshua

*thumbs up emoji*

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as earlier poster: I backed the last campaign ... will we get first preference for ground level pricing ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a side note: I have an early production of the RAD and up front there's ample ample clearance with 700 x 45 WTB riddlers. I wouldn't go much larger than that in the rear. I've found it to be a wonderfully versatile bike. I have this rack and these bags on there which I now use for bike commuting to the pool. I had the bike set up pretty nicely for the Horrible Hundred but rim tape failed on me the night prior to the race :( freak thing and probably partially my fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
will be a little lower

Stem is a -10 degrees. will offer in 90-120 mm

Here is the unique feature. the aerobar attaches to the bar bore. So with our drop bar, which has no extra clamping area, you get a super clean front end.

BTW, our new bar is reach 85 mm, drop 130 mm

You know, you've shown that to me a number of times but I never appreciated how slick that is until now. You should seriously consider making an aluminum aero base bar to go with those clip ons! I'm now also intrigued at the possibility of using some bars that weren't meant for clip ons.
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Dave

Best thing is follow us on FB for updates

I plan to launch the campaign at noon pacific standard time on Tuesday.

Stem will only be offered at one discount.

The manufacturing cost of this final version is higher. Last time we didnt cover shipping in price. This time shipping will always be covered for most countries and factored into pricing.

so, will be roughly 150 USD-165 USD retail awaiting shipping quotes to finalize and 25% off that for indigogo launch.

This stem now works with the aerobar bar bore clamp where the last one the aerobar attachment design wasn't stiff enough. So the overall design change is for the better and also makes adjustments to bar bore clamp easier.

Weight wise, the 110 mm samples we have weight 430 grams fully assembled.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update

Waiting on some shipping quotes for components and should go live on Tuesday 11/27 at 8 am pst.

In order to lower funding goal, we went with only a 25% discount. Sorry for misleading. Free shipping to North America, Asia, Europe, other countries upcharged.

So. Frame only is 1235 usd
Frameset with cockpit. 1495 usd
Rolling chassis. 2425 usd
Covert op aero stem. 119 usd
Carbon wheel sets 940 usd.

Other parts finalizing cost.

Campaign video is live if you want to take a look

https://vimeo.com/302951249
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump as it's live. What's the clamping area height of the stem? My guess is that it will fit the short-fork pre-cut felt IAs but wanted to ask. When ordering the stem on Indiegogo, how do we indicate desired stem length?
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clamping area is 48 mm

Length will be confirmed after the campaigns success when we email backers for more info.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the same frame as this one?

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOLM/holdsworth-mystique-carbon-gravel-frameset
Quote Reply
Re: culprit Bicycles indigogo [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To answer your question

No, it is similar but definitely not the same

In order to reach our funding goals of only 40 K across so many products, We did work with a manufacturer on the design.
From the mention of my supplier talking about a new gravel model. They allowed me to really have my input and design cues instilled in the designs. I was involved with this frame from concept, to 2D, 3D through to early carbon samples.

Due to Culprits smaller volume, it was agreed to be available to other brands keeping a few things unique to me. Such as the cable routing which allows the frame 2 options. Either the top tube entry like a TT bike or directly through the steerer and out the back of the steerer when using new internal routing systems such as my new Covert Op cockpit.

We found alot of issues with the first molds and had to do modifications. So, the Holdsworth is shown only with mechanical shifting because the frame was not di2 compatible. I have ensured our design is Di2 compatible and modifications were made to allow ease with Di2 installation. Also, bottle cage positioning, etc

We also have a different carbon lay up to accommodate our cable routing , top tube bento box and ride quality needs. As well as different layup in the fork and steerer to allow cable routing through it.

We also have very thorough testing and don't just rely on our suppliers internal testing. So to test frames during production and development we factor outside testing fees into unit pricing. This way we can ensure that the product being produced is what we agreed upon and meets and exceeds industry standards.

Another big increase in our cost is painting. We found the frame supplier's painting to be sub par. Out of the mold we had to invest more in making the frames meet our standards and also wanted raw carbon vrs a smoked black or painted over frames. This kept our frame weights down but also added cost as our supplier prefers to smoke their carbon black.

So, Different routing, different lay up, higher quality control costs, Extra testing measures, Di2 compatible, Bento box as well as lighter and better painting and finish are the major differences.

Hope that makes sense and you can be Culprit RAD rider.
Quote Reply