Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Now Who Owns It?
Quote | Reply
Boy, this Obama economy and stock market are really starting to suck, huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Now Who Owns It? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno who owns it but I'm looking like a freaking savant since I moved to cash 8 weeks ago... right after my wife's investment advisor said we're going to 27,500 by year end. Yeah, I know, we're 30+ days from year end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

When Obama took office the Dow was at 7,949 and today, despite the recent tumbles, it is hovering around 25,000. You have to admit, Obama's been pretty darn good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most said that once trump started making policy about the economy it would be his, such as the tax plan. Win or lose around that time the economy was his
Quote Reply
Re: Now Who Owns It? [daleagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daleagain wrote:
Dunno who owns it but I'm looking like a freaking savant since I moved to cash 8 weeks ago... right after my wife's investment advisor said we're going to 27,500 by year end. Yeah, I know, we're 30+ days from year end.

Maybe you are my doppelganger. About six weeks ago I listened to someone I follow say that the market was going to recede due to xyz. I believed their advice and moved everything to much safer ground.

Now I am watching the pundits say that 2019 is going to be a bad year compared to 2018. Until recently 2018 looked pretty damn good didn't it? I think if you have invested for a while you gotta develop your own barometer(s).

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

So much winning.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, the economy is still good and Trump now does own that. The market isn't but they are not one and the same.

I think the consistent argument has been that Trump has not really improved significantly on what he had been given - which is largely true. You'd think the way he is describing his accomplishments we're living in a completely different world from 2 years ago. We were approaching "full employment" in 2016 and we are now at full employment. Good, for sure. Best in history? Hardly. Some of us also wonder what price we're paying for it all.

The Schadenfreude about the lackluster market performance is a direct answer to our dear leader's idiotic past statements in which he congratulated himself on market performance that may or may not have had anything to do with him.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Who Owns It? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

When Obama took office the Dow was at 7,949 and today, despite the recent tumbles, it is hovering around 25,000. You have to admit, Obama's been pretty darn good.

No. That was the Bush economy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously the investors have lost confidence in Trump's ability to influence the economy since the Dems took the House. It's the only logical explanation. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tariffs haven't even really filtered down to consumers...yet...
Quote Reply