Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 935 Pool swim question
Quote | Reply
I got back in the pool this morning for the first time in a long time, and for the first time since I switched to the 935, from my old 235. I set the pool length in the watch, and for the most part it worked brilliantly. It did however fail to record any distance for any of the kick sets that I did with a board (and missed one random length of really slow breaststroke from my warm-up). Anyone know any tricks to get the 935 to log sets with a board?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drill mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't pick up kicking so you have to go to drill mode. When you're done with that kick set and hit the lap button, a screen will show up asking you to select the yards you completed. I use drill mode for most drills (like one arm swims etc.).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [Brad Fio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, I'll make sure to use that next time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 235 and am considering an upgrade to the 935. Is it a no-brainer? Are you happy with the new features, including the spotify connection? thx
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put it in No-Brainer category. I have a 735XT, and I still lust for the 935. If there is a decent Black Friday sale on a 935, I will be upgrading from my 735XT. It is a whole new universe from the 235.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just remember when you finish your drills and go back to the main swim screen, hit lap again when you start as I’ve found it thinks you’re on a rest section and doesn’t record your lengths.

Either that or I’m doing something wrong I don’t understand...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally a no-brainer... I don't spotify, so I can't comment on that, but the ability to to have a multisport activity for a race, and just have to hit lap coming in and out of each transition is amazing (it'll produce one multisport file in Garmin Connect, but within there you can see the segment stats, but it will produce individual leg files for Strava...). For the swim, even with this bit, I'm happy having a pool swim option, rather than having to label it as other, and then manually enter the distance into GC... The battery life is also amazing compared to the 235... I have been very happy since upgrading, and was able to quickly sell my 235 (I had a buyer for it, before my 935 arrived).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
but it will produce individual leg files for Strava...).
To be precise, Strava will read the multisport file as separate legs.

THe 935 is great, but part of me thinks the 920XT was/is even better. It does all the stuff you need without the 'fluff' that's been added to the 935.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
I have the 235 and am considering an upgrade to the 935. Is it a no-brainer? Are you happy with the new features, including the spotify connection? thx

935 doesn't have music. Only the 5+, vivoactive 3, and 635. If you are connected to your phone via Bluetooth you can change the song, pause, and adjust volume, but that's all pretty useless if you don't want to carry a phone when you run or potentially swim.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 920 was fine but I prefer a watch not a brick on my wrist.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually thought I would have liked the 920 better, but after converting the 935, it is better. I like the bigger 935 display, the extra modes, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Pool swim question [hiscotsg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used this approach this morning, and had no issues, used drill mode to capture my drill sets, and then hit lap once after returning to interval mode to start my next interval...
Quote Reply