Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at that date again. It's August of 2017, not 2018.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah I see what you mean . I was going by the actual file date that shows in the search results, maybe they reposted the same document in aug 2018, but I see the actual doc when opened says 2017.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news? Still no stock available in the webshop.......
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredly wrote:
As that isn't good enough, we've got a full court press in action to figure out what the heck happened. I'll get back to you with a better answer.

Has there been any update on the legality of the Andean? I notice that the ITU has added 3 bikes to their approved list in the past few weeks and the Andean is still missing. I'm wondering if it's not considered "unusual". The rules state:

Quote:
The frame of the bike shall be of a traditional pattern, i.e., built around a closed frame of straight or tapered tubular elements (which may be round, oval, flattened, teardrop shaped or otherwise in cross-section). Bikes built around a diamond shape (no saddle down tube) or with a rear triangle which does not connect at the top of the down tube/top tube section are considered acceptable.

This paragraph doesn't make sense to me as it's written because the down tube/top tube section doesn't seem like its part of the rear triangle... but, if you replace "down tube" with "seat tube", not only does the paragraph make sense, but, it would seem that the Andean falls into this definition.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [pumbaasdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like this bike might be dead or dying. The new colors have never been posted, have not been able to find the stem, feels like you kind of have to search to even find it. I hope this is not the case. I love my Serios and think DB really made a great product for tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm riding mine now and have come close to the 1000 mile mark over the last couple of months.
First of all, I'm very satisfied! For sure, it has some edges but that makes it even more special to me.
Its very heavy, that's why i don't even thinking about it for hilly events. In the straight line I feel much more comfortable and aero! I have Sram hydraulic brakes, this makes it the ideal combination for me.
Again, some things seems strange. For instance the 1 inch headset. Its quite soft in steering but again, that makes it very comfortable.
Any questions, please let me know :)

Last edited by: Spoili007: Jul 17, 19 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you actually weighed it without bottles? Are we talking P5X heavy, or worse?

That said, as mentioned above, it still hasn't been added to the recently updated ITU approved list. Even Dimond managed to get their bikes on there.

https://www.triathlon.org/...titions_20190702.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 220 Triathlon's comparison, the P5x and Andean both weighed 10.26kg with eTap and the same saddle, but the wheels on the Andean were 250g heavier.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But it's weird having sponsored pros, like Weiss. What's the point if there is no stock ?
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be 2019 Diamondback Andean? [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I contacted Diamondback directly and was told that the frames are currently in production at their factory and they expect deliveries to begin around the end of the month.

On one hand, this sounds much like the messaging posted here in March. On the other hand, if its not shipping sometime soon, that will be enough to convince me to look to spend my money elsewhere. I'm holding out hope that there were production issues earlier this year, and we will see the 2019 model available soon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next