Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes)
Quote | Reply
Of course, Dr. Brenda Snipes (what's she a doctor of, again?) is blaming racism for her decision to resign as the Broward County supervisor of elections. Never mind the ineptitude and incompetence she seemingly demonstrated at every turn in this latest election, and subsequent recount, debacle as well as the several other election debacles she oversaw in years past.

Eh, the 75-year-old Snipes -- who's an exemplar of the Florida Woman ethos, if you ask me -- was going to be canned by incoming governor Ron DeSantis as soon as he takes office in January anyway, so she might as well get out ahead of the firing squad, right? Like Tricky Dick Nixon, we're not going to have Brenda Snipes to kick around anymore, and I'm slightly saddened by that thought. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 19, 18 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't like me because I'm black. No ma'am, they don't like you because you're a MORON.

From that article, regarding the hand recount:
Quote:
It involves about 93,000 ballots that were not recorded by voting machines because voters cast either two votes for one race, which is called an overvote, or appeared to choose no candidate, which is an undervote. The idea is to figure out a voter’s intent.

No. I have a big problem with that. If you're too dumb to cast your vote properly you... shouldn't be voting.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
They don't like me because I'm black. No ma'am, they don't like you because you're a MORON.

Quote:
It involves about 93,000 ballots that were not recorded by voting machines because voters cast either two votes for one race, which is called an overvote, or appeared to choose no candidate, which is an undervote. The idea is to figure out a voter’s intent.

No. I have a big problem with that. If you're too dumb to cast your vote properly you... shouldn't be voting.

I left my senate vote blank. Didn’t want either of them. THAT was my intent.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
ripple wrote:

Quote:

So you don't want the team of rocket scientists on the Broward County election board deciding how you "meant" to vote?
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I've done the same thing in the past -- an intentional "undervote". Does anybody know the official protocol (or law, as the case may be) for undervotes? I shudder to think that somebody might put my ballot under a microscope looking for a scratch to determine my supposed intent, when my intent was not to vote at all for that position/initiative.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she's a doctor of education (whatever that is)
Quote Reply
Re: Florida Woman Exits, Stage Left (Brenda Snipes) [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
she's a doctor of education (whatever that is)

Get the hell outta here. She's a PhD in education? Seriously?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply