Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question: Clip-on bars for AHB5000 handlebar
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am recently become a new happy owner of an Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro. It's my first proper race bike which I'm planning to use both for group rides/ races and triathlon (My budget couldn't afford two bikes).

In relation to triathlon training/races I would like to put on clip-on bars on the handlebars. However the ahb5000 handlebars, which followed with the bike, has a really flat "upper section" so I was wondering if someone know if it is possible to put on standard clip-on bars or if there exist clip-on bars which are compatible with the AHB5000?

If it turns out that I can't get any clip-on bars for the AHB5000 handlebar, I will have to buy a new stem and handlebars. Do any of you have some suggestions/tips for what I should look for? - I know it depends upon my need and budget, but if anyone have good suggestions I'm all ears.

AHB5000 specs: https://www.argon18bike.com/...00-techcard-en-2.pdf

Best regards
Michell
Quote Reply
Re: Question: Clip-on bars for AHB5000 handlebar [Chell91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chell91 wrote:
H
If it turns out that I can't get any clip-on bars for the AHB5000 handlebar, I will have to buy a new stem and handlebars. Do any of you have some suggestions/tips for what I should look for? - I know it depends upon my need and budget, but if anyone have good suggestions I'm all ears.
I'm guessing you'll struggle unless Argon makes something for it.
If you're going to get something to replace, I would look at a full base bar/aero bar/shifters/brake levers/stem swap, with a very aggressively low stem (-17 or -25)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not believe you will be able to find aerobars compatible with the Argon handlebar. I am a fan of 3T or Zipp aluminum bars and stems as they are offered in a multiple of shapes and styles for fit purposes and can be found for not too much money. Plus they are safe to use with clip-on aerobars. For the aerobars, since you will be using the bike for multiple purposes, look at the Redshift Sports swappable aerobars (https://redshiftsports.com/aero). They can be quickly removed for the group rides/races and put back for the triathlons.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever solve your problem? I know that bar has a flat section on the top that could make clip-on bars a bit tricky. If you decided to swap out the AHB5000 handlebars for a different set, I am curious if you still have the Argon handlebars and if you would be interested in selling them? I also have an Argon bike and I cracked my handlebars in a nasty spill a few months back and I have been struggling to find a suitable replacement handlebar. I sent you a PM as well as posting this reply. Please let me know - thanks!
Quote Reply