Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How did you choose your first career? [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelgirl wrote:
I’m a Flight Attendant. I graduated from University with no clue as to what I wanted to be when I grew up. I was an exchange student in Germany my senior year or high school and an exchange student in Mexico in jr. high. My mom saw an ad in the paper that American was hiring, so I got myself an interview suit and started going to all the airline open house interviews. I flew as a “ German speaker” for my first airline, flying to mainly Frankfurt and Munich. Went to another carrier 2 1/2 years later (wanted an airline with West Coast domiciles.) Flew out of SFO for 6 months and then transferred to our London base. Spent 2 years there and then transferred to our Hong Kong base. (I had never been to Hong Kong or anywhere in Asia before I moved) it was fantastic! We flew out of Kai Tak for a couple of years before the new airport was opened. Now I commute to the West Coast. I do all my flying with minimum time between trips and go home for 3 or 4 weeks. It’s a lifestyle/career that kind of sucks you in. I enjoy the people I meet on the airplane, I’m pretty good at my job. It’s changed a lot. Especially since 9/11.

Now i understand you forum name :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next