Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swedeman?
Quote | Reply
Finally got a lottery spot in one of these damn things (7 time loser in the Norseman lottery and multi time loser for Swissman and Celtman) but I’m not sure about this one. The official race video is not inspiring - they need to get some lessons from the Norseman crew. Anyone do this one this past August and/or willing to recommend or say stay away?
Quote Reply
Re: Swedeman? [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it this year, really cool race, but can't really compare it to anything since I haven't done any other xrti events. The swim is in Swedens biggest waterfall which is cool, usually cold and a bit of a current against you. Bike is undulating but no crazy hills, and the run is really fun and very tough. It's really a beautiful place as well if you haven't been with a quite unique nature. The event was great and I enjoyed it a lot.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Swedeman? [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pretty fit guy from our town went this 'summer'. Seems like it was a butt kicker.

Swim was cold, bike was super windy (75% headwind), and the run was super tough.

Compared maybe to Alaskaman (which he has done) and allegedly Norseman (where you run 20 miles on the flat then hit the hill)... the run for Swedeman seemed to be almost all off trail. A 26 mile hike/orientation/run. Be prepared for that, and you'll enjoy.