Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help w/ Bike Fit
Quote | Reply
Throwing out a friendly request from some of the bike fit experts on this side for an opinion.

I have my retul fit numers and have been on a 54 2010 Cervelo S1 for quite some time. Doing a lot of travelling so took it to my destination and looking to get a budget friendly road bike for the house.

Looking at the 2018 Pinarello Gan and the Cervelo R2. Below are my figures.

Seat Angle: 73.6 Degrees
Cranks: 172.5
Saddle Height: 76.5
Setback: -7cm
Cockpit: 54.5
Drop: 9.5cm
Frame Stack: 565
Frame Reach: 380

Also, anyone have any experience with either of these two bikes? How would you classify the geometry? Neither seems as aggressive as my S1.

Any help or input is very much appreciated. Will talk to each shop for input but hoping to get a second opinion to validate what I'm told there.
Quote Reply
Re: Help w/ Bike Fit [jar7a] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jar7a wrote:
Throwing out a friendly request from some of the bike fit experts on this side for an opinion.

I have my retul fit numers and have been on a 54 2010 Cervelo S1 for quite some time. Doing a lot of travelling so took it to my destination and looking to get a budget friendly road bike for the house.

Looking at the 2018 Pinarello Gan and the Cervelo R2. Below are my figures.

Seat Angle: 73.6 Degrees
Cranks: 172.5
Saddle Height: 76.5
Setback: -7cm
Cockpit: 54.5
Drop: 9.5cm
Frame Stack: 565
Frame Reach: 380

Also, anyone have any experience with either of these two bikes? How would you classify the geometry? Neither seems as aggressive as my S1.

Any help or input is very much appreciated. Will talk to each shop for input but hoping to get a second opinion to validate what I'm told there.
How many spacers are you running (including the headset top cap)? What stem and stem pitch are you running?

The R2 in a 54 has a frame reach of 378, and is 1 cm shorter than your S1. That's pretty much identical on the reach and the stack is close enough.

Awesome bike, too.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply