Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fear Realized
Quote | Reply
https://www.msn.com/...Gr?OCID=ansmsnnews11

This is what I fear will happen here in the US. Mobs surrounding someone and either being ran over or worse, shot. I can understand the fear of the driver. And I think this is the terrible result that could follow.

What say the of the LR.
Quote Reply
Re: Fear Realized [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you're asking. I agree that when mobs surround people the chances of something unfortunate happening goes up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have odd fears. Not sure why you fear this? I would hope the protestors are well aware that if your going to use only your body to block a road there is a high likelihood you will get hurt or killed.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took my wife 90 mind to do a 5 min journey this morning

Eventually she drove through it a bit over enthusiastically

Basically 100 people rocked up this morning. By the time I got there on my bike they were well in to a days drinking........

A big day out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Fear Realized [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife said she got out and told them she didn't give a fuck. She had two kids and wanted to go home
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:

This is what I fear will happen here in the US.

Of course it has happened in the U.S. The neo-Nazi who ran over a mob of counter-protesters at "Unite the Right," killing one. The Kent State shootings of a student mob protesting the My Lai Massacre. Of course Martin Luther King assassinated while supporting a mob of striking workers.

If you want to go way back, on March 5, 1770, someone in a mob of liberal protesters threw a snowball at a British soldier, who slipped and fell. The other soldiers panicked, and fired into the mob, killing 5.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 17, 18 15:59
Quote Reply
Re: Fear Realized [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
velocomp wrote:

This is what I fear will happen here in the US.

Of course it has happened in the U.S. The neo-Nazi who ran over a mob of counter-protesters at "Unite the Right," killing one. The Kent State shootings of a student mob protesting the My Lai Massacre. Of course Martin Luther King assassinated while supporting a mob of striking workers.

If you want to go way back, on March 5, 1770, someone in a mob of liberal protesters threw a snowball at a British soldier, who slipped and fell. The other soldiers panicked, and fired into the mob, killing 5.

I appreciate a person who understands history. Thanks for the post.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply